Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Survives Huge Scare, Knocks Ortiz Out in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAAAAAAAAAAR BOMBZQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
      WAAAAAAAAAAR BOMBZQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!

is this MF ******ed?

Comment

• This just came to me...

I recall many years ago (I'm probably one of the oldest active members in this God forsaken place) some folks liked to make the argument that the Klitschko's (as an example) would be hard to beat by past heavyweights, just because they appear to present such an insurmountable challenge because of their physical attributes. Those being 6'6"+ 250lb...now couple this with the fact that both brothers actually had legitimate skill sets.

But, this argument was brushed off because the opponents would say "the skill of past champions would be simply too much....size is nothing.....this is boxing........" etc. etc....

Now we have a similar scenario except we have Wilder who is even taller, greater reach, but absolutely zero skill (lets be honest, I've seen club level heavyweights with better everything skill wise compared to wilder) to whom, the above argument used for KLitschko's doesn't apply.

Many are actually picking Wilder who is nothing but an odd physical specimen against a man in Ortiz who is fundamentally solid and is a legit fighter.

What has changed?

Bottom line here is that, and Wilder is the proof of it, that physical attributes alone, in a proper combination are enough to get you far in boxing. It is enough to make you a champion.

Comment

• Good post, man. Ortiz is a genuinely tricky customer, skilled, moves well for his age and can pack a punch. I think he can hurt Wilder. This is going to be a tough fight to call just because of that right hand Deontay packs. It's a good skilled all round fighter vs a big one punch KO artist.

Comment

• Damn I didn't think so many of you would pick Bomber by KO

Too close to call imo

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
              is this MF ******ed?
              It's the prebattle War Cry. Laugh if you want but it's the secret behind all the KO's.

WAAAAAAAAAAR BOMBZQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Verbalk View Post
                Good post, man. Ortiz is a genuinely tricky customer, skilled, moves well for his age and can pack a punch. I think he can hurt Wilder. This is going to be a tough fight to call just because of that right hand Deontay packs. It's a good skilled all round fighter vs a big one punch KO artist.
                this would be an easy fight to call if there wasn’t sooooo much money involved in a bumsquad-aj fight.

for all I care they are calling Ortiz and telling him to dive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verbalk View Post
                  Good post, man. Ortiz is a genuinely tricky customer, skilled, moves well for his age and can pack a punch. I think he can hurt Wilder. This is going to be a tough fight to call just because of that right hand Deontay packs. It's a good skilled all round fighter vs a big one punch KO artist.
                  That's why I favor Ortiz. He's a much more skilled fighter and packs a punch which we have not seen in an opponent that Wilder has faced to this point. The counter ability and the inside game that Ortiz possesses is a legitimate danger to Wilder, and if Deontay doesn't use his jab effectively then he'll get caught with a counter right hand by Luis.

People talk about Wilder's power, but how will that work against someone in Ortiz who could have as much power in his punch?

Comment

• I got Ortiz by KO.

Comment

• Wilder should be able to use his fast jab and frustrate Ortiz from long range to get the decision. He has to fight smart like in the first fight against Stiverne. If he can't do that he's in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X