Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: I'm Disgusted - Drug Cheats Must Be Banned For Life!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
    While i agree with him, he was saying in an interview the other day how Tyson Fury is a good man and he's glad he's back.
    Fury is the Anti-poster board for PED's. No one w9puld take PED's ever if they turned into shamoo after taking them. I mean even his fat has fat...

Comment

Originally posted by sweeterscience View Post
      I agree with Bellew. And certainly give him credit for taking the high road when so many are endangering their opponents' and their own lives with PED use, and robbing the fans of outcomes we can trust.

There will always be PED use, but I think the alphabet soup sanctioning gangs are a huge part of the problem. Boxing needs something like what the UFC has (never thought I'd say that) with USADA. These blood testing negotiations really make part of the contest who can cheat the best and negotiate terms the most sneakily. And that is hurting the sport when it is experiencing a terrific resurgence.

The lifetime bans would certainly help, but there is so much weird grey area with drug testing: non-PED drugs creating gals positives, natural hormone variations, tainted samples, corruption, so on and so forth. Thus I'd hesitate to say, just ban 'em all, no questions asked. But the penalties need to be stiffer and enforced by a unified group of sanctioning bodies.
      Yeah people like spending more time on their i phone and social media now and have to inject peds to compensate for all that time loss

Comment

Originally posted by sweeterscience View Post
        I had the same feeling. Unfortunately, 75% is better than most these days.
        'kin absolutely. Credit where it's due, I say.

Comment

The problem here is how do you prove someone is a drug cheat?

Supplement companies PED up supplements. Its a fact. It has nothing to do with sports. The logic is the companies throw in PED's so regular mfers who buy their $75 protein powder see advancements & keep buying their bs $75 protein power.

Thus cats who are on the up & up could end up legit ingesting a PED by using this seemingly innocent product. Are those people drug cheats? I'd argue no, but its less cut & dry & you can't really be 100% sure of their intention.

But mainly I wouldn't wanna see guys like this banned from boxing for life. The UFC with their USADA program & the WBC's Clean Boxing program has shown this is a more complicated problem than people anti-PED wanna pretend it is.

Comment

They even let Margarito box again after he was caught with plaster in his gloves so nothing surprises me about boxing anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              the cashcows will always be protected no matter how harsh the punishment is for PED usuage.
              yes like holyfield. how come the phony bellow did not complain about the heavily juiced david haye?? because there was to much money involved
              Last edited by nacho daddy; 02-04-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                The problem here is how do you prove someone is a drug cheat?

Supplement companies PED up supplements. Its a fact. It has nothing to do with sports. The logic is the companies throw in PED's so regular mfers who buy their $75 protein powder see advancements & keep buying their bs $75 protein power.

Thus cats who are on the up & up could end up legit ingesting a PED by using this seemingly innocent product. Are those people drug cheats? I'd argue no, but its less cut & dry & you can't really be 100% sure of their intention.

But mainly I wouldn't wanna see guys like this banned from boxing for life. The UFC with their USADA program & the WBC's Clean Boxing program has shown this is a more complicated problem than people anti-PED wanna pretend it is.
                At the end of the day it's the athlete's responsibility to know what they are putting into their body. Tainted meat, tainted supplements, whatever it's all bull**** and has to be the athlete's responsibility. If you start excusing guys because of ignorance people are just going to keep manipulating the system.

Comment

I still find it amazing these guys get caught. Their are tons of peds that are a ahead of the curve and have no way of testing. When I see someone get caught i don't think cheat, I think idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                    I still find it amazing these guys get caught. Their are tons of peds that are a ahead of the curve and have no way of testing. When I see someone get caught i don't think cheat, I think idiot.
                    What are these PEDs you speak of? You got inside info? - Serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by pissingblood View Post
                      What are these PEDs you speak of? You got inside info?
                      Do research. This is common knowledge, people create new versions that the testing has no way of being able to detect. It takes the testing agencies time to figure this out. Go listen to Victor conte speak on it or other people who's are in the business

Comment

Working...
                      X