Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed!

Now I see how we're gonna be able to play the classic games on it!

Lol..
    That was a good one.
    What is next for Nintendo anyway?
    They seem to be past their time.

Comment

Originally posted by the_roo

Now I see how we're gonna be able to play the classic games on it!
      gotta love the random egg whisk in that mix up.

Comment

lol

i like nintendo better than xbox n playstation

used to like sega best

those two always offered the new interesting ideas instead of same game different name

i even loved dreamcast

best game series ever: shenmue or zelda

sonic > mario though

Comment

Nintendo's CEO said they aren't even trying to have the best console. He said they're happy being 3rd. Nintendo has always gotten too much credit for inferior products:

NES v. Sega Master System

The SMS was EASILY better than the NES. The graphics were sharper and you NEVER had to blow in SMS games. NES had way more advertising and exposure. Thus, it got WAY more titles. SMS games even played on the Sega Game Gear.

Gameboy vs. Game Gear

This was a no contest. Game Gear was obviously WAY ****ing better. Gameboy didn't even have color. And even the Gameboy color wasn't as good as the Game Gear. Nintendo got a really big head start and the Game Gear was a little ahead of its time I think.

Sega also had the Nomad which looked like the Game Gear but it was a portable Genesis. I don't know why this didn't sell. Sega just didn't advertise it very much.

SNES vs. Genesis - pretty much a pick'em thing. I'd call it a tie.

SNES vs. Sega 32x/Sega CD

Sega obviously was better at this point.

SNES vs. Sega Saturn - Saturn was a good console that Sega screwed up with. I don't know how because they had a huge campaign when it came out. It was a 64 bit system. A couple years before the N64 and Playstation.

PS vs. N64 - finally, justice is served.

Nintendo refused to go to CDs. They kept cartridges. This meant faster loading times, and the N64 was a good system, but Playstation was just better. CDs meant more data could be held than carts. Playstation ran away with it. And they're still holding onto the title.

Gamecube vs. PS2 & Xbox

Gamecube still sells extremely well due to superior advertising. They have the market cornered on childrens games. They finally go to CDs, but they're f'n mini CDs! Again, there's no way those can hold the same data as PS2 and XBox DVDs.

Playstation 2 won because of success of the PS1, because it came out first, and because it had the DVD player built in. You had to get a special $50 adapter for the Xbox to play DVDs. Sony could justify their $300 price tag a lot easier with the built in Sony DVD player. It was one of the major deciding factors for me when I got it rather than the Xbox.

PS3 will kick XBox's and Revolutions' asses I believe. The PS3 will be slightly better than Xbox and they'll be using Blu-Ray technology. Xbox may too, but if they do they'll have to pay Sony a lot of money since Sony owns the Blu-Ray.

PS3 also comes with wireless controllers standard.

PS3 wins this one easily I think. Xbox360 will do great, better than the first Xbox, but it won't be a close 2nd. Revolution...meh, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by masterdirector
            Nintendo's CEO said they aren't even trying to have the best console. He said they're happy being 3rd. Nintendo has always gotten too much credit for inferior products:

NES v. Sega Master System

The SMS was EASILY better than the NES. The graphics were sharper and you NEVER had to blow in SMS games. NES had way more advertising and exposure. Thus, it got WAY more titles. SMS games even played on the Sega Game Gear.

Gameboy vs. Game Gear

This was a no contest. Game Gear was obviously WAY ****ing better. Gameboy didn't even have color. And even the Gameboy color wasn't as good as the Game Gear. Nintendo got a really big head start and the Game Gear was a little ahead of its time I think.

Sega also had the Nomad which looked like the Game Gear but it was a portable Genesis. I don't know why this didn't sell. Sega just didn't advertise it very much.

SNES vs. Genesis - pretty much a pick'em thing. I'd call it a tie.

SNES vs. Sega 32x/Sega CD

Sega obviously was better at this point.

SNES vs. Sega Saturn - Saturn was a good console that Sega screwed up with. I don't know how because they had a huge campaign when it came out. It was a 64 bit system. A couple years before the N64 and Playstation.

PS vs. N64 - finally, justice is served.

Nintendo refused to go to CDs. They kept cartridges. This meant faster loading times, and the N64 was a good system, but Playstation was just better. CDs meant more data could be held than carts. Playstation ran away with it. And they're still holding onto the title.

Gamecube vs. PS2 & Xbox

Gamecube still sells extremely well due to superior advertising. They have the market cornered on childrens games. They finally go to CDs, but they're f'n mini CDs! Again, there's no way those can hold the same data as PS2 and XBox DVDs.

Playstation 2 won because of success of the PS1, because it came out first, and because it had the DVD player built in. You had to get a special $50 adapter for the Xbox to play DVDs. Sony could justify their $300 price tag a lot easier with the built in Sony DVD player. It was one of the major deciding factors for me when I got it rather than the Xbox.

PS3 will kick XBox's and Revolutions' asses I believe. The PS3 will be slightly better than Xbox and they'll be using Blu-Ray technology. Xbox may too, but if they do they'll have to pay Sony a lot of money since Sony owns the Blu-Ray.

PS3 also comes with wireless controllers standard.

PS3 wins this one easily I think. Xbox360 will do great, better than the first Xbox, but it won't be a close 2nd. Revolution...meh, we'll see.

Actually man the Cube sells for ****, Sony sells like 300k units a month, Xbox does around 230k and Gamecube only sells like 50-75k *ouch* But it is still a way better console than the others....Xbox revolution gaming wise is doing nothing different than the Xbox is capable of. With Xbox rejecting to accept the new hd/blu-ray format dvds they will be pushed into obscurity and wont be able to survive the onslaught of Sony. (Which I think will suck) But that is another story. But Xbox is ripping on Sony for their prices but they are making you buy a bundle pack when it is released for a mere 599-699 hardly affordable for any family especially at this stage in our economy. Plus a god damn memory card is going to run you 30 with a controller going for 50...Games are $59.99 hardly affordable for ANYBODY!

Revolution will be good for the traditional gamers and the kids, see Nintendo fanatics are true gamers they dont need that whole "sex sells" theme to sell games like the ps2/xbox shoots to the customers. I like the fact that Revolution will carry the old games from the previous Nintendo systems and I am actually stoked about them making the multiplayer games of the past have online capabilities...Goldeneye online=Greatness......Revolution is the only system I am sure I will get on launch day ($199.99 cant beat that) but Ps3 and 360 will have to wait on my purchase, although I will freak when Round 3 comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
              Revolution will be good for the traditional gamers and the kids, see Nintendo fanatics are true gamers they dont need that whole "sex sells" theme to sell games like the ps2/xbox shoots to the customers. I like the fact that Revolution will carry the old games from the previous Nintendo systems and I am actually stoked about them making the multiplayer games of the past have online capabilities...Goldeneye online=Greatness......Revolution is the only system I am sure I will get on launch day ($199.99 cant beat that) but Ps3 and 360 will have to wait on my purchase, although I will freak when Round 3 comes out.
              i agree...

and i can't wait for a true sequel to the Mario franchise

Comment

Nintendo sucks ass. Their games are rather gay for the most part. They're too overly family friendly for me. I never even considered buying the Xbox360. Didn't realize they weren't going to the HD or Blu Ray discs.

Will the Nintendo Revolution come with the whole previous Nintendo library or just up to a certain point? Like only the NES? Well, I assume not the Gamecube, I mean all the systems prior to that. If they do that, I might buy one. Hell, probably will just for the full NES library.

Yeah I won't buy a PS3 until there is actually a game I want. So I won't buy a game until Fight Night round 3 comes out. I'll agree on the price of the system being ridiculous. They haven't officially announced the PS3 yet, but I know it'll be high as ****. But, I'll be getting it regardless when FNr3 comes out.

They need to make it where you can play imported games though. There would be no justifications of mod chips or fliptop ps consoles if they'd allow their system to play import games. Its just stupid to block that. Of course they won't let people play copied games, that's understandable.

So Xbox360, if people know **** at all, I guess it will do well at first then fall off big time once regular people realize it doesn't have Blu-ray or hd. Damn, that's incredibly stupid.

Comment

Oh I didn't really like Goldeneye b/c it was a First person shooter. I hate that ****. Had it been 3rd person, I'd have loved it. I beat both that game and The World is Not Enough. And I really liked All Star Baseball for the 64. And their wrestling games were the best.

I don't buy that "real gamers" argument. But I'm not a "real gamer" I just like the Grand Theft Auto games and the boxing games pretty much.

Comment

MD-Nintendo says they will have the whole library on their from NES/SNES/N64/GAMECUBE...Gameboy is a possibility but doubtful. Xbox is using the same ploy as Sega did with the dreamcast, thinking they would get a fresh start on the console wars and they will flop. Sega created the "g-disc" which held around a gig of material while PSX used standard cd-rom format only holding about 700mb, that was Segas big thing. But in reality the games were burned as and image and would easily fit on a regular cd-rom...Microsoft is making the same mistake as Sega by going with their "You wont believe the graphics" advertising....How you going to compete using dvd discs with a maximum capacity of 4.7gb when Sony will be using 50-150gig discs...It's insane to even think so.

By the real gamers argument, I meant that the nintendo fanatics dont need the drug dealing and cop and ho bashing like the GTA games to keep their gamers. But can pick up a mario game and still have the same amount of fun. But then again maybe they do need that sex sells factor because all they have is the OG players who wont let go and the children whose parents make them play the cube because they are not old enough. But I do believe Nintendo makes the top notch hardware and that cant be touched. The Wavebird is a prime example.

Also Revolution is riding entirely on its way of controlling and playing the game, they wont release any information. But I bet you anything this new and "innovative" controller will make the system flop and flop hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X