Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who were know to cut alot of weight when there was still day of fight weigh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters who were know to cut alot of weight when there was still day of fight weigh

in? who are they?

Carlos Monzon

Jake Lamotta

Emille Griffith when he fought Jose Napoles

Fighting Harada against Lionel Rose

Comment

Duran must have shifted some tonnage throughout his career!

Comment

Pretty much all of them

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
          Duran must have shifted some tonnage throughout his career!
          how much was it duran had to cut the week before the hearns fight?

Comment

Originally posted by St Lion View Post
            how much was it duran had to cut the week before the hearns fight?
            I remember hearing he was 200lbs+ when he signed for it.

Comment

Lamotta used to blow up alot in weight inbetween fights in the same way a Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto would do so,but they you can't cut a significent amount of weight and rehydrate 15-20 pounds just 8-10 hours before a fight........you just can't.

Cotto and Margarito walk around at around 175-180 pounds,but even in the day before weigh in era they can't cut from that far out,only stupid wrestlers do that.

I remember hearing he was 200lbs+ when he signed for it.
              Please don't tell me you believe that garbage that Duran and his followers spout?

Tommy didn't clout Duran hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMacFoster View Post
                Please don't tell me you believe that garbage that Duran and his followers spout?

Tommy didn't clout Duran hard enough.
                Yes I'm inclined to believe it, what makes you sure it is garbage?

Comment

Yes I'm inclined to believe it, what makes you sure it is garbage?
                  Probably because Duran has an excuse for every loss he ever suffered.

I am sure you have heard of the boy who cried wolf? Same thing really,excuse after excuse and each time they have gotten more bizzare and more laughable.

Thomas Hearns broke his right hand during the first round against Hagler and gradually slipped out of the fight from there on,Hearns wasn't the one who came out with the fact that he had a broken hand either because he was never one to make excuses

Comment

Iran Barkley, but in his case it was more eye swellings and puffs. Seemed to get one in each bigger fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X