Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best record of the decade so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the best record of the decade so far?

As a follow-up to the 'next fighter of the decade', whose resume from 2010 onwards is currently the strongest in world boxing of the decade so far?

andre ward.

Comment

Andre Ward. Solid defenses agianst Top 10 SMW's like Bika, Green, and Abraham, and than a huge unification with the other Top SMW Carl Froch, which won him the linael title. It's him so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        Andre Ward. Solid defenses agianst Top 10 SMW's like Bika, Green, and Abraham, and than a huge unification with the other Top SMW Carl Froch, which won him the linael title. It's him so far.
        def him, even his fight with kessler was on the cusp of the decade. rite now hes in the lead imo. it is a long decade tho. but think he has what it takes to last, a la hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          def him, even his fight with kessler was on the cusp of the decade. rite now hes in the lead imo. it is a long decade tho. but think he has what it takes to last, a la hopkins.
          Kessler techinically doesn't count though, I don't think it does anyway. But Kessler wasn't a defining win, but a really really good win. Froch was Ward's first defining fight. Everyone wanted to see that fight, and it was #1 vs. #2 in the division. It was a huge fight.

It all depends on how Ward goes about it.

There's tons of fights there for Andre from 168-200 in the next decade.

Lucian Bute, Adonis Stevenson, Anthony Dirrell, Andre Dirrell, Edwin Rodriguez, James DeGale, George Groves, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, Chad Dawson, Nathan Cleverly, Ismayl Sillakh, Lateef Kayode, Yoan Pablo Hernandez, Denis Lebedev, etc.

Plenty of great fights there, assumming most of those fighters turn out to be as good as they can be.

Comment

the S6 prize was huge....the winner of that historic tournament was gonna get showered with praise and prizes...I knew this!!!...and yes...SOG is the dude of the current 10 piece atm

Comment

I'd have to say Ward but Hopkins' historical win where he became the oldest man to win a world title is a better accomplishment than anything Ward has done.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                I'd have to say Ward but Hopkins' historical win where he became the oldest man to win a world title is a better accomplishment than anything Ward has done.
                Beating Froch > Beating Pascal

It was a good win for Bernard Hopkins, another solid win and title to add to his resume, over a good fighter. But Ward-Froch was for the top spot at 168 and the linael title there, and Froch beat Pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  yea that Ex win was huge....but he had a draw and a NC this decade...Son Of Bernard has been doing his thing in a flawless way....the torch has been passed to the young Hopkins, I mean Ward...its his time!!

Comment

1.Andre Ward
                    2.Abner Mares

Comment

Working...
                    X