Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to my fiancee's grandmothers wake and funeral and I'm shocked.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoftyDog View Post
    I see what you're saying, but different cultures do funerals and wakes differently. Generally Irish wakes are seen as a way to celebrate someones life. Of course, what you said is true. And when it's an older person or someone who say had cancer and everyone knew it was coming, is different than a child dying.
    We are talking about crying and not about rites nor beliefs.

Comment

I hate funerals and weddings. Good thing I'm the best at making up excuses off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
        Sorry I didn't mean to ome off as ignorant. In my whole life i've never been to a wake where people were so calm. I'm sorry if anyone is offended.
        Your ****ing ignorant when it comes to other races, because your a racist pig and your too dumb to realize it!

Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
          Just as my impression with his post. Family's reaction in wake has nothing to do with culture, it all depends on how emotionally open they are.
          It has everything to do with culture. British funerals are reserved affairs and the wakes tend to be drunken and raucous. In some cultures funerals are over-the-top falling about drama-fests, which I frankly can't abide. It's definitely cultural.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
            How is it different Dog? Not everyone that gets cancer, dies, so to say they saw it coming? C'mon.
            I'm just saying that when someone dies suddenly or when a child dies it's different then when someone who has been dying of cancer for years or when a 90 year old dies. I'm not saying the latter isn't sad or it's not a reason to grieve, it's still different.

Comment

I've been to mostly white funerals, and that's how they are. There are some people crying but it's never that dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by C. BRIGANTE View Post
                Your ****ing ignorant when it comes to other races, because your a racist pig and your too dumb to realize it!

Idiot.

Comment

Trigger you're haitian? So am I bro half and half right down the middle, moms is Hatian Pops is Dominican and I DEFINITELY know exactly what you are talking about.

Comment

People in the philippines are no different. they even hire mourners to cry for the dead
                    i ***** you not.

well editing it.. i guess not only the philippines but professional mourners are all over the world..

Last edited by KING MEAT; 05-16-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X