Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on GGG-Rolls fight and undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on GGG-Rolls fight and undercard?

Just watched the main event. GGG looked pretty good, looked like he was working on a little bit different style and not just working behind the jab.

If Rolls could have punched a little harder and/or had a little more punch resistance he could have made it a fight. First few rounds were pretty even though I didn't score them.

Was the undercard any good? What did everyone else think of GGG and Rolls? Rolls looked kind of terrified in there at first but I thought he fought pretty well.
    Last edited by Boxing_1013; 06-08-2019, 11:18 PM.

he looked pretty good but his age is showing more and more

Comment

It took him two rounds to get going and then he looked very good to me.

Comment

There were some good prospects on the undercard. Brian Ceballo had a great performance.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          There were some good prospects on the undercard. Brian Ceballo had a great performance.
          Thanks.man.....when.does.Lopez.fight.again?

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            he looked pretty good but his age is showing more and more
            Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            It took him two rounds to get going and then he looked very good to me.
            Thanks guys. I think he looked about.what he always has imo....didn't.really.respect.Rolls.power.so.just.t ried.to.walk.him.down.
            Will.be.interested.to.see.how.GGG.continues.to.loo k.under.Banks.and.who.his.next.opponents.will.be.
            Last edited by Boxing_1013; 06-08-2019, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              Thanks.man.....when.does.Lopez.fight.again?
              July 19th against Masayoshi Nakatani. IBF final eliminator.

Comment

I enjoyed the card. I already put my $100 down on DAZN earlier this year and can't complain about getting 5-6 fights over a good quality stream every week or two.

Ceballo was the standout on the undercard, he has a lot of developing to do but is definitely someone to keep an eye on.

Ali Akhmedov also looks like a guy to keep tabs on.

I thought GGG looked rusty in the first two rounds but to be fair he's been out of action for nine months. By round 3 he looked warmed up and seemed to land at will. I did notice more emphasis on body shots from Golovkin, something I wanted to see more of against Canelo.

I wouldn't have bought this fight on PPV but as subscriber content I think this night delivered more value than your average HBO card used to.

Comment

just a higher standard of bum, lower standard of bumkill for GGG it tells us nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X