No announcement yet.

Fight Night 2004 vs Fight Night Round 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night 2004 vs Fight Night Round 2

I'm just wondering which game is better the original Fight Night 2004 or the newer game Fight Night Round 2? I am getting mixed reviews as I hear in the newer version, there is a "haymaker" ability and this annoys some players.. Just wanted some feedback as I am considering to get one of the two games for either platform XBOX or PS2. I would also like to know which is better the PS2 or XBOX version as well if there are any differences..Thanks

Peace...

Round 2 is better. It allows for more to be done with your boxer, and while boxing. The haymaker only annoys people who suck.

Comment

Round 2 is a "superior" game in my opinion because the improved graphics and improved gameplay.

The new cutman feature is a great addition. Fights getting stopped because of cuts is more realistic and so is being able to clinch when you are in trouble.

Career mode is a lot more in depth. (you can change weight classes and unify titles) Training for fights is more in depth too.

The Create-a-Boxer in Round 2 gives you more freedom to create unique looking fighters.

Yeah, overall Round 2 is a better game but 2004 was a very cool game as well. I would suggest picking up Round 2 and maybe picking up 2004 when you see it dirt cheap (used/bargain bin) just so you can see what you missed and so you can judge for yourself which one is better.

Oh yeah, XBOX all the way. (Better graphics, shorter loading times, better online community)

Comment

Hey thanks, I'll definitely check out Fight Night Round 2 in more detail and I'm leaning towards that game alot more. I also have an XBOX and agree that the online capabilities are one of a kind.. Thanks for the info

Peace..

Comment

Im sure Fightnight round 2 is better. To be honest I never played it coz I am poor. But The fight night 2004 is the best boxing game I have ever played. And Its the first time I stayed until 8am playing.

Comment

Originally posted by the_roo
            Round 2 is a "superior" game in my opinion because the improved graphics and improved gameplay.

The new cutman feature is a great addition. Fights getting stopped because of cuts is more realistic and so is being able to clinch when you are in trouble.

Career mode is a lot more in depth. (you can change weight classes and unify titles) Training for fights is more in depth too.

The Create-a-Boxer in Round 2 gives you more freedom to create unique looking fighters.

Yeah, overall Round 2 is a better game but 2004 was a very cool game as well. I would suggest picking up Round 2 and maybe picking up 2004 when you see it dirt cheap (used/bargain bin) just so you can see what you missed and so you can judge for yourself which one is better.

Oh yeah, XBOX all the way. (Better graphics, shorter loading times, better online community)
            The cutman thing is gay. It's so damn redundant. In fact, the whole game is. It's better than 2004, but it's still a redundant game. I'd suggest renting it before buying it.

Comment

i love the game, hey its boxing? what else can you say? and i dont parry or use my block much i just lean and counter, it makes the game more competitive

Comment

Online = Fight Night 2004

Single player = Fight Night Round 2

Comment

Originally posted by BadMagick
                  The cutman thing is gay. It's so damn redundant. In fact, the whole game is. It's better than 2004, but it's still a redundant game. I'd suggest renting it before buying it.
                  Don't listen to this dude.

(He reminds me of comic book guy, so very bitter)

He seems like the kinda guy who'll complain about anything and everything.

Comment

Hi wat is the geme,sorry I'm litle speak English

Comment

Working...
                    X