Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World Boxing Super Series 168 Final, June 2 at London's O2 Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: World Boxing Super Series 168 Final, June 2 at London's O2 Arena

Kalle Sauerland has informed Boxing Scene of a date for the diary of a number of British fight fans. The chief boxing officer of the World Boxing Super Series, who is one half of Team Sauerland along with his brother Nisse, recently revealed the date and venue for the final of the Ali Trophy tournament in the super-middleweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

fingers crossed..callum smith handles braehmer..faces the winner of groves-eubank..that'll be huge in the u.k..wbss got the location and venue to make the most revenue spot-on

Comment

Ha ha ha. It may be unpatriotic of me, but somehow this makes me hope that Braehmer somehow pulls off a coupla upsets (holy fuck.. just realised that Juergen is 5/1 - I'm gonna have a piece of that action having seen Callum looking very average in his last fight) and pisses on everyone's parade on June 2nd. Hey, I'm an old dude myself... can't I root for the wily old warhorse over my countrymen if I like?
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-13-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Ha ha ha. It may be unpatriotic of me, but somehow this makes me hope that Braehmer somehow pulls off a coupla upsets (holy fuck.. just realised that Juergen is 5/1 - I'm gonna have a piece of that action having seen Callum looking very average in his last fight) and pisses on everyone's parade on June 2nd. Hey, I'm an old dude myself... can't I root for the wily old warhorse over my countrymen if I like?
        I Agree. I really fancy Braehmer to beat Smith and 5/1 is a great price. Braehmer was bullying and breaking down Cleverly at 175 before the injury forced him to retire. Hopefully the Matchroom-influenced judges don't pull another fast one.

Comment

Nice, will go watch this for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            LOL I'm not rooting against the WBSS's nocturnal emission dreams like you are, but yea I'm with you otherwise. Juergen shouldn't be 5/1 vs Smith.

I still don't see what others were seeing or still see with Smith. He's tall is about the extent of the upside I see with him. I see nothing special with his boxing skills. He looks extremely beatable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              LOL I'm not rooting against the WBSS's nocturnal emission dreams like you are, but yea I'm with you otherwise. Juergen shouldn't be 5/1 vs Smith.

I still don't see what others were seeing or still see with Smith. He's tall is about the extent of the upside I see with him. I see nothing special with his boxing skills. He looks extremely beatable to me.
              If you have three other brothers who are just adquate at international level then not much reason to think the 4th brother is going to be anything much more than the same.

They all train hard, they all are dedicated professionals. Where is his upside? I think Groves and Eubank are fighting their toughest match in the semi final.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                If you have three other brothers who are just adquate at international level then not much reason to think the 4th brother is going to be anything much more than the same.

They all train hard, they all are dedicated professionals. Where is his upside? I think Groves and Eubank are fighting their toughest match in the semi final.
                He is adequate at the world level. But it seems like a lot of people seem to think he's special. I don't see it at all. But yea he lucked out on his entire bracket & if he beats Jurgen, as expected by most, he was basically gifted a ticket to the finals & he'll be taking a giant jump up in class vs Groves or Eubank Jr.

Respect to the UK fans, but I think some UK fans these days are making a lot of guys bigger than their talent. Callum Smith comes to mind. First & foremost Dillian Whyte comes to mind. I'm sure I could think of a few others who are more hype than substance. I've made most of my profit betting boxing lately off of crazy UK fan hype or dislike lately I feel like lol.

I can't wait til Fury gets in shape & serious, assuming he can, & gets a fight with Joshua this time next year or later. The odds against Fury (+400, +600 or worse maybe) will be nuts I bet & that'll be a even-ish fight in reality.

Comment

The 02 is tiny. Should have gone with the Emirates.

Comment

Originally posted by BobLoblaw View Post
                    I Agree. I really fancy Braehmer to beat Smith and 5/1 is a great price. Braehmer was bullying and breaking down Cleverly at 175 before the injury forced him to retire. Hopefully the Matchroom-influenced judges don't pull another fast one.
                    Kid you not, but for my money Juergen has the highest Ring IQ of any the 4 remaining fighters and is probably only matched by Groves in terms of boxing skills. The dude gets rightly slated (inasmuch as anyone actually cares) for having basically sat in the Deutschland and fought no-one of real note for his entire career, but that doesn't mean he ain't actually a very capable and crafty fighter. Braehmer doesn't look fast or athletic and ain't really what you'd call a puncher yet somehow he consistently sneaks in hurtful shots and rarely seems to ship much in return. The main questionmarks now are his age and the fact that he's fighting at the lower weight than he's used to, but honestly if he were 5 years younger I'd have him as my favourite to win the tourney. Very underated fighter in my book, but then what are people to think if they never see him fight anyone decent?

Comment

Working...
                    X