Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roberto Duran the best lightweight of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
    Would Ray Lampkin (same result) be a more, shall we say, "respectable" analogy?
    I am going to have to watch this fight if I can find good footage. The knockout was brutal this time with cholo using that vicious left hook

Comment

• Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
      There is no excuse for not training or being prepared. Idk how he wouldn't think Leonard wouldn't ask for a rematch. Leonard was actually sick leading into their first encounter.

Oh yea and Sweet Pea would beat Duran
      I have never heard leonard was sick physically and I have read ray's book he does admit to feeling unsure of himself mentally but I have never ever heard he was physically I'll from any source.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Not really. He doesn't come close to comparing to Pernell Whitaker. What was Lampkin's best win in his career? Every time he stepped up he lost. His best win was probably Tury Pineda, who was a marginal contender at best.
        Okay, I get it. You like Sweet Pea and highly regard him. I'm just the opposite. I have little regard for defense-oriented counter-punchers (Whitaker, Mayweather, Benitez). I prefer guys (Duran, Tyson, Pryor) who bring the fight to their opponents.
        Last edited by Panamaniac; 10-20-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Okay, I get it. You like Sweet Pea and highly regard him. I'm just the opposite. I have little regard for defense-oriented counter-punchers. I prefer guys (Duran, Tyson, Pryor) who bring the fight to their opponents.
          Fair enough...

Generally I prefer those styles too. I just have tremendous respect for Whitaker's skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Fair enough...

Generally I prefer those styles too. I just have tremendous respect for Whitaker's skills.
            Yep. Different strokes...

Comment

• Originally posted by C.Y. View Post
              There is no excuse for not training or being prepared. Idk how he wouldn't think Leonard wouldn't ask for a rematch. Leonard was actually sick leading into their first encounter.

Oh yea and Sweet Pea would beat Duran

No he wasn't. Don't just start changing history and making up stuff.

Considering he fought what is undoubtedly one of the greatest fights of his entire career and in history, he probably should have turned up to every one of his fights sick.

Comment

Okay, I get it. You like Sweet Pea and highly regard him. I'm just the opposite. I have little regard for defense-oriented counter-punchers (Whitaker, Mayweather, Benitez). I prefer guys (Duran, Tyson, Pryor) who bring the fight to their opponents.
                out of the three Mayweather, Benitez and Whitaker I genuinely somehow find pernell entertaining although not so compared to a motivated duran

Comment

• Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                  out of the three Mayweather, Benitez and Whitaker I genuinely somehow find pernell entertaining although not so compared to a motivated duran
                  I like all of them, but yeah, Pernell was awesome. His body punching was amazing to watch.

Comment

• No doubt about it. Easy post.

Comment

Working...
                    X