Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would Pulev not take title shot against Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would Pulev not take title shot against Joshua?

Hearn has been saying that Pulev is not interesting in fighting Joshua, but i'm wondering why is he hesitant to do so? The guy stepped in the ring with Wlad so surely he's not scared of anyone.

Either:

1 - He was lowballed
    2 - He has overvalued himself
    3 - They are mugging him off in other ways in negotiations
    4 - He's scared

My bets on one of the first two

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Either:

1 - He was lowballed
      4 - He's scared

but still, he's getting a title shot. I don't understand why he wouldn't take it. And with the numbers in the UK and guys getting paid a lot over there, i'm sure it's more than he would make fighting anyone else.

If you step in the ring with Wlad, you're not afraid of anyone. Number 4 is not even a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
        but still, he's getting a title shot. I don't understand why he wouldn't take it. And with the numbers in the UK and guys getting paid a lot over there, i'm sure it's more than he would make fighting anyone else.

If you step in the ring with Wlad, you're not afraid of anyone. Number 4 is not even a possibility.
        He wouldnt be the first person to negotiate himself out of a good deal tbf.

Dereck Chisora was supposed to be fighting Joshua, decided he was better off taking crap money to fight Pulev, and then proceeded to lose

Boxers and boxing managers are not always good decision makers

Comment

I wouldn't believe what Eddie hearn says

Comment

Hearn has been saying that Pulev is not interesting in fighting Joshua, but i'm wondering why is he hesitant to do so? The guy stepped in the ring with Wlad so surely he's not scared of anyone.
            Because Parker is the mandatory if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Either:

1 - He was lowballed
              4 - He's scared

Its actually number 4,he is fighting for less money in any other fight for his european title. He declined more money that Hearn offered him,the same with Stiverne fighting povetkin. no other reasoning that he doesn't want another "L" and will try and land a few smaller fights instead as the European champion then try and go for one more major title fight for the most money.

Comment

Yes but he's been knocked out now

His style of standing square on with his hands at 45 degree angles doesn't work too well against brutal, rangy punchers. I'm sure he's aware of this.

Comment

This

via GIPHY

Comment

Working...
                  X