Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder: It's Like Buying House; Accept Price THEN Contract Follows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideally maybe you'd have another round of warm up bouts to drag the casual fans into the mix but we saw with Wilder vs Ortiz that they have to be careful not to lose in the meantime. Why'd you give Miller or Povetkin the opportunity to spoil the highest grossing fight? You got to strike while the iron's hot and make the fight now.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      Wrong. The purse is only 1 facet of an "offer". There are a myraid of other factors that need to be addressed before one could consider the offer to be serious. Does the offer mandate that Haymon gets options on Joshua's next 5 fights?
      No options.

Is there language that stipulates rematch terms?
      No rematch.

Are there details that would contractually be impossible, i.e. sponsor conflicts, etc?
      Those are things you'd obviously negotiate. AJ has existing sponsors and network ties that would have to be respected. But how much time are you going to spend navigating energy drink sponsorships before you even know if he'd be willing to take the 50 million?

Just because someone claims to be putting up the $50 million, that doesnt mean its an acceptable deal.
      Of course. But what sense would it make to try to hammer out those smaller issues before you even know if you're on the same page money wise?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        No options.

No rematch.

Those are things you'd obviously negotiate. AJ has existing sponsors and network ties that would have to be respected. But how much time are you going to spend navigating energy drink sponsorships before you even know if he'd be willing to take the 50 million?

Of course. But what sense would it make to try to hammer out those smaller issues before you even know if you're on the same page money wise?

youve been around long enough to know this whole exercise is a farce. Its just like the stupid house analogy. Every realtor I've ever worked with has ALWAYS submitted a written offer on any property I've bought or sold. ALWAYS. And that signed offer sheet would list the price, closing date, how many days you have to accept or counter offer, and any other terms like they want the washer and dryer and the swimming pool equipment. You dont even submit a verbal offer on a $200k house, so doing it on a $50 million dollar fight is 250 times more ******ed.

Both sides are posturing.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          You stated to me on here that you were paid on here to be unbiased and tell the truth or shine light on mis-information within the sport when it's mentioned on here.
          Yes that's true, but not every aspect of the sport. If somebody posts incorrect strategy on when to use a check hook, I'm certainly not going to correct them.

Now you're changing your tune and implying that you're paid by someone with a certain avenue of interest. More than likely the WBC, some arm of it.. or who knows could be something to do with haymon.
          Nope and nope. I am personal friends with Sulaiman, but we do not have any sort of business relationship. I have worked for some of Haymon's promoters, but I have no business relationship with Haymon.

Either way you're here to protect interests of one party.. and one party only. You're not here to extract mis-information and tell truths... You're here to soon an agenda. You're a shill .. which you never denied.
          I absolutely deny that I'm a shill. I'm here to protect the truth in regards to certain aspects of the industry. I'm here to explain how sanctioning bodies actually work. I'm here to explain how fight negotiations actually work. I'm not protecting anybody. Either my information is accurate or it isn't. Why I work for is largely irrelevant.

Comment

youve been around long enough to know this whole exercise is a farce.
            I've been around long enough to know why Hearn wouldn't want to take the 50 million. I've been around long enough to know why he's making excuses and why his excuses are nonsense.

He has the biggest cash cow in boxing. It would border on malpractice for him to rush the biggest cash cow into the ring with the most dangerous puncher. Yes, 50 million is a lot of money. But if they'll pay 50 million now, they'll still pay 50 million later and it's safer to squeeze in a couple more fights first.

If I was Hearn, I wouldn't take the deal. If I was Hearn, I'd be making up a bunch of ridiculous excuses for why I'm not taking the deal so that AJ can save face and still generate a ton of revenue in his next fight or two before possibly finally fighting Wilder.

I'm not knocking anything Hearn is doing, I'm just explaining why his excuses are bull****. The truth is that it would be a poor business decision for Hearn to accept the 50 million. Had nothing to do with whether the offer is real. He knows it's real. It's Haymon & Finkel, of course the money is real.

But to go to America, to fight the most dangerous puncher in the world, with no rematch clause, is so insanely risky that it really doesn't matter what the money is. But Hearn can't come out and say that. He can't go on IFL and say, "the money is huge, but Wilder is too dangerous so we need to stall a little longer."

Any time I've bought a house or property, until my realtor and the seller's realtor have come to an understanding on price, the other particulars haven't been worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              I've been around long enough to know why Hearn wouldn't want to take the 50 million. I've been around long enough to know why he's making excuses and why his excuses are nonsense.

He has the biggest cash cow in boxing. It would border on malpractice for him to rush the biggest cash cow into the ring with the most dangerous puncher. Yes, 50 million is a lot of money. But if they'll pay 50 million now, they'll still pay 50 million later and it's safer to squeeze in a couple more fights first.

If I was Hearn, I wouldn't take the deal. If I was Hearn, I'd be making up a bunch of ridiculous excuses for why I'm not taking the deal so that AJ can save face and still generate a ton of revenue in his next fight or two before possibly finally fighting Wilder.

I'm not knocking anything Hearn is doing, I'm just explaining why his excuses are bull****. The truth is that it would be a poor business decision for Hearn to accept the 50 million. Had nothing to do with whether the offer is real. He knows it's real. It's Haymon & Finkel, of course the money is real.

But to go to America, to fight the most dangerous puncher in the world, with no rematch clause, is so insanely risky that it really doesn't matter what the money is. But Hearn can't come out and say that. He can't go on IFL and say, "the money is huge, but Wilder is too dangerous so we need to stall a little longer."

Any time I've bought a house or property, until my realtor and the seller's realtor have come to an understanding on price, the other particulars haven't been worked on

Im glad I dont have your realtor. I have bought and sold PLENTY of properties, and its been my experience that requiring a written offer eliminates 98% of the tire kickers and time wasters. I dont go so far as to require an earnest money deposit with the initial offer, but I certainly wouldnt waste my time messing with verbals........

Comment

Im glad I dont have your realtor. I have bought and sold PLENTY of properties, and its been my experience that requiring a written offer eliminates 98% of the tire kickers and time wasters. I dont go so far as to require an earnest money deposit with the initial offer, but I certainly wouldnt waste my time messing with verbals........
                Of course we put it in writing, but if the deal falls apart over the particulars, we aren't bound by anything. Finkel is asking that Hearn confirm in writing that 50 million against 50% of the revenue, for a fight between September and December, with no options or rematches, at a side of Finkel's choosing, would be agreeable. If the fight falls apart over energy drink sponsorships or the color of the ring posts, so be it. But when have you ever spent your time negotiating the smaller details of a transaction before you even know if the seller finds your buying price acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  Yeah but the first thing you agree on is the price at this point there is no contract or going forward until both parties agree on the price once that’s agreed then the contract starts getting drawn up with all the important information and clauses

All Team Wilder is saying is agree to the price (50mil) and then we can iron out the details after and I’m sure if they aren’t up to Hearns liking then he can walk

Hearn won’t commit to that and is just running around in circles “ what if the $ coming from a producer of bitcoins , what if they want to charg100k for the seats “

He should just admit hey if we agree to that figured I lose all control and power in the fight and Indont know especially since this is the last
                  Fight AJ has under Matchroom if that’s a smart business move on our end

Not calling you a apologist and my post wasn’t directly calling you out but I’m sure the reason Finkel is playing hardball is because Hearns been a disrespectful c.unt to him and he wants him to relinquish control of the event before they proceed “ Bend the knee and kiss the ring we got the power now b.itch “
                  True, and you bring good points. I haven't been following this super closely, I just remember AJ saying something like "let's roll" which sounds like a preliminary agreement and Hearn asking for a meeting.

But yeah, if Hearn can't even say he agrees to the money offered to his fighter he might be looking for a way to not get the fight made.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                    But you’re basically proving the point.

If the buyer doesn’t agree to your asking price of $260K, you would NOT meet with them to discuss any other ‘small details’ (additional fees, closing costs, etc.). It’s pointless.
                    You're right, I thought AJ had agreed, but apparently Hearn is the one that might be holding this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                      I think neither of teams want this fight next. They made it clear it's end of the year fight.
                      This isnt true .

Hearn/ Joshua WANT the fight next .

Finkel wants it at the end of this year bc he knows he can posture for more money while they pretend they HAD to fight Breazeale bc they werent going to wait .

My question is why risk getting knocked out by a 6'7 250 plus pounder instead of at least 12.5 Million dollar fight . Wilder claims he will win yet fights under 2 Million and deflects a potential 35 Million dollar Joshua double fight ? :wank:

If he does take the Breazeale fight i hope he GKTFO bc he will deserve it . lol
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-30-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X