No announcement yet.

Cotto. VS Mayweather. Playout/Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto. VS Mayweather. Playout/Predictions

I am a huge fan of Miguel and have been since 2003. I also really admire Floyd's style and slickness as a fighter, def not his out of ring antics and choices of opponents but there's no denying his skills as a fighter and maybe best defensive fighter of all time.
    Now anyone that knows boxing know that Floyd is a counter puncher and in recent years hes gone away from throwing combos and instead waits for opponents to throw and pot shots them to defeat with a quick right as a counter but very rarely throws first and if he does it's more of a faint to set up a counter. Now think back to Miguels 2 losses. Manny and Margarito are both fighters that love to pressure much like Miguel used to do with opponents prior to his 1st defeat to loaded gloved Margarito. But when Miguel fought guys who prefer to sit back and counter, he ran through his opponents. Some were tough but he got the W. Miguel now fights more conservative and picks his chances which if he does vs Floyd it will be a boring fight to watch bc unless pbf is on attack for 12 rds he won't leave too many openi gs. However, if Miguel combines his work rate of old( which includes going to body Like he used to) and does so in a smart and strategic fashion, he has a chance. Watch floyd when he goes into his Philly shell defense along the ropes. He leaves his right side of body open to liver shots. Miguel's body punching w his left hook was the most feared punch in boxing from 04 to 08. This fight in my mind is so up in the air contrary to what a lot of people are saying. Floyd will not knock out Miguel bc he doesn't put pressure and that's the only way to beat Miguel unless he just pot shots him for 12 rds which is a possibility if Miguel just waits for openings instead of mixing it up and going to body and getting in and out. I've been wanting to see this for 4 years. Better late than never right

i see floyd walking cotto down swithcing between a high guard and the shell.i see him countering cottos jab with his right hand until cotto no longer throws it.then i see him teeing off on cotto with left hooks.if cotto tries to go to the body he will eat counter right hands up top.cotto is a good man but no way in hell is he winning this fight sorry.beating a 1 legged formean a old ass mayorga and a 1 eyes margo doesnt prepare you for someone like floyd

Comment

floyd is gonna take cotto with good shots all night and cotto will suffer from a few knockdowns

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        floyd is gonna take cotto with good shots all night and cotto will suffer from a few knockdowns
        I think this will be a close fight. Cotto need to make it dirty. He need to take a page out bhops book. Tie up alot. He needs to get off early and get ahead on the cards. If he can do this he will pull out the victory. If not may by decision. Only way may knock cotto down let alone out is by distraction. The dude is a great boxer, not a heavy puncher. Gonna be a good fight. I dont understand why people arent happy, what other fights would you rather see. Boxing needs new blood.

Comment

Floyd should be careful because he's playing with his health here.

Comment

I can see this going in a few directions but unfortunately for the TS, all of them favor Floyd.
            What Miguel needs to do is establish his jab and don't get countered. Which I think is almost impossible because Floyd has both the reach and speed advantage. Another flaw in Miguel is that he gives his opponents to much time to think. Cotto hits you with a hell of a combination and then backs off for a few seconds. He does not want to do that because Floyd will be thinking ahead of him so Cotto has gonna have to be busy. I have also noticed that Cotto does not like pressure. I expect Floyd to really put his punches together and pressure Cotto at times in the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
            X