No announcement yet.

Shakey hands after work out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakey hands after work out

I always get shakey hands after i strike the heavy bag alot, it dissapears after a couple hours, but should i be worried?

I used to get that as well. I dunno what its from tho, maybe weak wrists or somethin?

Comment

this has happened to me for years. Its weird though, only the side of my hand with my pinkie finger will tremble a bit. It might have to do with my having extremely large hands for the thickness of my wrist. I can still grip things fine, but for instance the other day I was holding a phone to my ear and the outside of my hand was just shaking. i don't think it means anything other than you gotta good workout.

Comment

its called the early onset of parkinson, LOL stop boxing bro and save those few brains cells u have left.

Comment

Ive had this happen too after hitting a punching bag.

I have small wrists relative to my hands and overall body size as well like some of you are saying, so maybe that does have something to do with it, I have no idea.

I was using bag gloves and a small to mid size bag, I was never in any kind of training it was more of an exercise thing on my own. No idea what it is but its not parkinsons like the tard above suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
            its called the early onset of parkinson, LOL stop boxing bro and save those few brains cells u have left.
            shut the **** up! I had that shaking in my hands before I even started sparring.

Comment

Could be a pinched nerve in the shoulder from the repeated impacts. I've still got a shakey left from that but it comes in handy these long winter nights.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
                I always get shakey hands after i strike the heavy bag alot, it dissapears after a couple hours, but should i be worried?

It is a nervous reaction to the damage you have done to your hands. It takes a while for the hands to toughen up. A hard workout on a heavybag is something you should grow into gradually.

Comment

i donno man maybe its neurological and maybe u should speak with a doctor, or maybe its nothing.. My hands never shake

Comment

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
                    It used to happen to me after throwing between 700 to 1,000 punches on the heavybag/mitt drills. It all depends on your boxing fitness level. A person doesn't necessarily have to throw 700 punches.

Anyway, like you said, it only happens when you hit the heavybag alot. Well, I guess you know what to do for your hands not to shake. I think you pretty much answered your own question.

Why don't you buy one of those handy punch count devices to get an idea of how many punches you're actually throwing. Just don't buy the one from Everlast, I bought it and returned it the same day, it was complete crap!
                    Last edited by We want Floyd; 02-16-2009, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X