Dos Santos just proved striking is the only skillset that matters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dos Santos just proved striking is the only skillset that matters

Edgar has kind of proved it also.

Not just boxing but great mobility as well. I was impressed by his ability to move around and pick his spots properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
      Not just boxing but great mobility as well. I was impressed by his ability to move around and pick his spots properly.

All he did was box, he has a great takedown defence but he didn't even need it. Wrestling and submission skills are great to have but there is no substitute for heavy fast hands like Dos Santos has.

Comment

ONLY?? don't be stupid

If Dos Santos didn't have good take down defence he wouldn't be half the fighter he is

Striking is a fantastic.. one of the best things to have but you do need other parts to your game

And sure this fight he didn't need it really but in the past he has vs the likes of Carwin

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
          All he did was box, he has a great takedown defence but he didn't even need it. Wrestling and submission skills are great to have but there is no substitute for heavy fast hands like Dos Santos has.
          He did have to use it when Cain grabbed his leg after an attempted kick. For a big guy he looks pretty agile on his feet. If he can stay healthy he should have a long run as champ.

Comment

I guess you didn't saw him defending cain's single leg lol.

anyway, watch one-dimensional strikers fighting in MMA... other fighters wont even trade a single punch with them, they just go for the takedown.

The fact that Cain had to mix it up to get inside to try a double leg is what made him vulnerable to the Ko blow.

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
              I guess you didn't saw him defending cain's single leg lol.

anyway, watch one-dimensional strikers fighting in MMA... other fighters wont even trade a single punch with them, they just go for the takedown.

The fact that Cain had to mix it up to get inside to try a double leg is what made him vulnerable to the Ko blow.

LOL. That micro second when he touched Do Santos's leg. yeah, I missed that. He caught him with one shot and he was toast. Next up Lesnar and Overreem, two more jokes to be honest.

Comment

If your grappling defense is extremely good like his, you can win just with striking sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SLIMY RAT View Post
                  ONLY?? don't be stupid

If Dos Santos didn't have good take down defence he wouldn't be half the fighter he is

Striking is a fantastic.. one of the best things to have but you do need other parts to your game

And sure this fight he didn't need it really but in the past he has vs the likes of Carwin
                  Only indeed. Takedown defense is an old boxing skill not a new MMA skill. Started in boxing, and the masters are still boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
                    Edgar has kind of proved it also.
                    You made this as a joke thread right? You cant be serious that all you need is boxing to win in the UFC... If that was the case for just 1 example Liddell wouldve never lost a fight ever best hands 205 has ever seen you need good hands to win these fights and it does nutrelize guys with only good wrestling but u need much much more the just boxing to win a fight... Oh yeah and i took JDS by KO
                    Also ask James Toney my favorite boxer in history about good boxing
                    Last edited by dough401; 11-13-2011, 12:07 PM. Reason: added line

Comment

Working...
                    X