Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Alexander Not Likely, Guerrero Still in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd isn't fighting him, only stupid people will believe he is..

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      What if you're wrong?! What if you're wrong?! Don't make me believe you. I want to believe you

And I can't see it being a negotiating ploy.

Mayweather's going to offer him what? 3 Million? Around there. More than Guererro's ever made, that's for sure.

That, ontop of the fact that Guererro desperately want's this fight. I can't see it being that.

Only way I see it being that is if Guererro doesn't want to accept a 90/10 split or something like that. Which is of course around the mark Mayweather will be offering.
      3 million? Less then 2 million i would think. How much did they give ortiz and JMM?

Comment

Realizing that the great Floyd Mayweather will never face Martinez & or Trout, because they are too dangerous for the 2nd pfp runner up, I'd settle for either Ghost or Alexander. As long as ginger who's done nothing but lie & beat up little Archie doesn't get the shot undeservedly.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          @ People who think it's some kind of negotiation tactic to get Guerrero to "come down in price".

Guerrero doesn't give a **** about the money for this fight, he's been salivating for a Floyd fight for years now : You really think he's going to get this close to having it within his grasp and then price himself out of it?

Ridiculous.

It's a prank. Plain and simple. He did it to get everybody talking about him.
          While I agree with the most of this post, I think the highlighted is BS,
          The man is looking at the biggest payday of his career, of course he is going to want to get as much money from it as he can.

To say he doesn't give a **** about the money is dumb,
          People forget that this is a job more so than anything for these guys.

Comment

Floyd needs to go ahead an announce who he will be fighting because May 4th is right around the corner, they haven't even started promo yet. I think he will be under a million buys for the 1st time in years this go around, to much foot dragging, we know your the best Floyd but he acts like he really don't want to fight Guerrero. If that's the case he should just fight Pacquiao, Canelo, or retire for a year or 2 again then test the water at 37 by that time new talent will have emerged...

Comment

floyd ducking alexander to fight guerrero? knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                3 million? Less then 2 million i would think. How much did they give ortiz and JMM?
                I thought he gave Ortiz 3 million but I'm not sure on that at all.

Comment

@ People who think it's some kind of negotiation tactic to get Guerrero to "come down in price".

Guerrero doesn't give a **** about the money for this fight, he's been salivating for a Floyd fight for years now : You really think he's going to get this close to having it within his grasp and then price himself out of it?

Ridiculous.

It's a prank. Plain and simple. He did it to get everybody talking about him.
                  That's not how Floyd does business.

He offers you a price, you take it or leave it. His biggest pet peeve is fighters getting record paydays off his blood, sweat and tears. Enter Robert Guerrero, a guy who's biggest payday was $1 million which he got against Andre Berto, has never sold a PPV and doesn't have a large following.

Floyd is probably being stingy as **** with Guerrero and that's what the hold up has been. Remember why he fought Judah over Baldomir? Baldo was asking for the highest payday of his career and Floyd wasn't having it.

Cinco de Mayo fights are usually announced before the Super Bowl so they can take advantage of the marketing platform. The fact that the fight still hasn't been announced means that something is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Comment

Like I said - He did it just to **** with everybody.
                    This....... I think Floyd LOVES to **** with the simple minded pac tarts.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

ortiz made 2.5 million. marquez made 5 million

Comment

Working...
                      X