No announcement yet.

Things in Boxing that piss me off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    When a fighter smiles after being punched and the announcer says "He smiled, that means he was hurt".
    i fvking hate when lampley says that....dudes never been in the ring he dont know ****!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      Clinching - It's illegal and disruptive - Bhop, Andre Ward, Devon Alexander are all master clinchers.

Hate referees who don't deduct points for it. It's not a boxing skill it's a freaking MMA. I know cause Ali and Bhop did it, people act like it's inside fighting. It's pure garbage.

People justifying clinching cause they like their fighters - Hatton fans, Wlad fans, Andre Ward fans, Bhop fans and so on and so forth.
      Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      Whether or not you like it, clinching is a part of the game and it's been around for years. Since you hardly actually get in trouble for it during the fight, I say use it to your advantage if you want to.
      Clinching is not illegal; it's an integral part of boxing, a skill. Boxing was around long before UFC, so it's not borrowing that technique from MMA. When applied correctly, clinching is an effective defensive resource.

Now, excessive clinching is another story. Points should indeed be deducted for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        clinching is smart if you're hurt but if all you do is punch-punch-clinch then your ass shouldn't be on TV.
        You probably shouldn't be fighting for money at all. lol

Comment

Just imagine all the exciting fighters becoming clinchers. Marquez the clincher, Pacman the clincher, Hitman the clincher, Sergio the clincher, Morales the clincher, Gatti the clincher, Roy Jones the clincher.

Just imagine these guys doing what Bhop is doing and has been doing, what Ward is doing, what Wlad has been doing, what Berto has been doing, what Khan has been trying to do, what Ruiz was doing, what Holyfield was doing, what Lennox was doing

Comment

When a fighter smiles after being punched and the announcer says "He smiled, that means he was hurt".
            Yeah like freaking Lampley knows!

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
              Yeah like freaking Lampley knows!
              Or like anyone besides the fighter being punched, knows, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Clinching is not illegal; it's an integral part of boxing, a skill. Boxing was around long before UFC, so it's not borrowing that technique from MMA. When applied correctly, clinching is an effective defensive resource.

Now, excessive clinching is another story. Points should indeed be deducted for it.
                Come again?

Rules of Boxing - http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Rules_of_Boxing

- You cannot hit below the belt, hold, trip, kick, headbutt, wrestle, bite, spit on, or push your opponent.
                - You can't hold your opponent and hit him at the same time

Comment

Or like anyone besides the fighter being punched, knows, for that matter.
                  Exactamente!

Comment

Or when a fighter has a good performance, everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
                    They have a bad performance, everyone jumps off and calls that fighter "exposed".

Comment

Nonito sucking as of late but then they don't want to fight Rigo cause he is boring. More like I don't want to take a loss. I hate Mosley all I want but he fought Vernon and Winky when nobody else would, mad respect for that. What's worse these days is that the Biased Media is brainwashing idiot fan boys to buy into their concept that Rigo doesn't deserve a fight with Nonito, complete and utter BS!

Comment

Working...
                      X