Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain why Kanye is considered a genius?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Can someone explain why Kanye is considered a genius?

The guy puts out random **** and people consider it genius? It's like a painter throwing buckets of paint at a canvas and people consider it creative genius.

rappers that I consider genius are: Tupac, Biggie, Big Daddy Kane, Wu-Tang, Tribe called Quest, Eminem......

Kanye is not a genius. He's certainly better then a lot of other rappers out there like soulja boy and 2-chainz but he is still no genius.
    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 08-14-2016, 01:34 PM.

because he's banging kim kardashian, sold white tshirts for $100, and because michael eric dyson said so.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
      The guy puts out random **** and people consider it genius? It's like a painter throwing buckets of paint at a canvas and people consider it creative genius.

rappers that I consider genius are: Tupac, Biggie, Heavy D, Wu-Tang, Tribe called Quest, Eminem......

Kanye is not a genius. He's certainly better then a lot of other rappers out there like soulja boy and 2-chainz but he is still no genius.
      Exactly, he isn't a genius. I have heard people put him in their top 10 which is blasphemy. My top 10 in no order is - Ice Cube, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, KRS One, 2Pac, Biggie Smalls, Eminem, Scarface and Nas.

Then you have other legends who fill the list after such as Big Punisher, Raekwon, Andre 3000, Snoop Dogg (prime), Jay Z etc so how can Kanye be ranked so high?

Comment

2chainz>Kanye

Comment

He produced big tunes bk in the day for beanie Sigel(the truth) jay z (the takeover)

Comment

Kanye knows how to produce some sick beats man, he def has musical talent, just like Dr Dre.

He is just a weirdo insecure ego maniacal attention seeker

Comment

I thinkl is because Kayne West is one of the best manipulator of the internet via social media

Comment

making rap beats is now considered musical genius ability????

this is musical genius:

not making rap beats which anybody with a computer program can do.

Comment

He's just loud and obnoxious. He's not even a real producer. Sampling other people's music and throwing a drum loop behind it isn't impressive and even in that regard there are much better beat makers than him. Now all he does is bring in session players who play their original stuff and he picks what he likes. He doesn't write any of the melodies. Guys like Just Blaze, drumma boy, 40, zaytozen, are all better than him.

Rap wise he's average at best. He's been able to exploit the stupidity of society by being an annoying little idiot. None of it is by design though as he's just being who he is and mainstream American culture currently embraces bottom of the barrel narcissists.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    making rap beats is now considered musical genius ability????

this is musical genius:

not making rap beats which anybody with a computer program can do.

Indeed.

I'm open minded and like a lot of different kinds of music, hip hop too but i've never considered a hip hop producer or artist to be a "musical genius". I mean 99% can't even play an instrument and a lot of hip hop is/was based on samples of songs by other people.

I do believe some like Dre have a really good talent and ear for knowing what sounds good and picking the perfect samples and creating the right beats for their songs but it's not exactly being a "musical genius" - far from it.

Comment

Working...
                    X