No announcement yet.

Who was wrong here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was wrong here?

I happen to think the guy was being a tool. But, the woman seems to be a bit of a twat her self, especially the claims she is making for her lawsuit about injuries suffered in the "assault" as she describes it. So who was more in the wrong here, him or her? Or the lazy ass flight attendant insisting she put her seat back up? After all, it's really American Airlines to blame for trying to squeeze so many seats onto a plane to squeeze every dollar out of passengers.

An airline passenger has sparked a conversation online about the etiquette involved in reclining one’s seat — after posting video of a man punching and pushing the back of hers in economy.

Wendi Williams was traveling from New Orleans to Charlotte, North Carolina, on an American Eagle flight operated by Republic Airways on Jan. 31 when the episode occurred.

“Here’s a great jackhole! He was angry that I reclined my seat and punched it about 9 times – HARD, at which point I began videoing him, and he resigned to this behavior,” Williams wrote on Twitter.

“The other jackhole is the AmericanAir flight attendant who reprimanded me and offered him rum!” she added, calling the man’s actions an “assault.”

The clip showing the bearded, bespectacled man has since gone viral, with more than 2.4 million views.

“After much consideration, and exhausting every opportunity for #American Airlines to do the right thing, I’ve decided to share my assault, from the passenger behind me, and the further threats, from an American Airline flight attendant,” Williams wrote on Twitter.

“When the FA came. She rolled her eyes at me and said, ‘What?’ She then told him it was tight back there and gave him rum! She told me I had to delete the video! It’s against the law to video on a plane. I asked her name & She gave me a Passenger Disturbance Notice!” she said.

Williams also channeled Gloria Gaynor, apparently revising the lyrics to “I Will Survive” to describe her ordeal.

“First I was afraid, I was petrified. Kept thinking he was gonna kill me with those crazy eyes. But I took so many hits and I thought how he did me wrong and grew strong! I learned how to tweet along. He hit my back – so many times so I’ll recline! I will recline! Hey hey!” she wrote.

Williams said the man had asked her to put up her seat while he ate. She said she obliged, but reclined it again once he was finished.

“At that point, he started hammering away at me,” she claimed, prompting her to notify a flight attendant, whose response infuriated her.

“It was scary and very painful” she said, claiming she lost time at work, had to receive X-rays and suffered headaches because of the incident.

“I’m in pain. I have 1 cervical disk left that isn’t fused – the first 1 which allows me some mobility. It’s scary bc it’s this the kind of injury that could do it in,” she said.

“I am grateful for the limited movement I still have and shouldn’t have had to endure the repeated blows.”

She said she was contacted by American Airlines, which “apologized but really didn’t accept any responsibility for the flight attendant’s actions.

“I will be calling the FBI to press charges against the ‘man’ who mistook me for a punching bag. Anyone who doesn’t like it, I don’t care!” she wrote.

In a statement, the airline said it was “looking into the issue. The safety and comfort of our customers and team members is our top priority.”

Since footage went viral, some social media users have argued that Williams was in the wrong for invading the other passenger’s personal space.

“This video has the internet legitimately divided. Dude is in the last seat on the plane. Seat doesn’t recline. Hers does. And she reclines. He’s upset, and is punching her seat incessantly — so she records,” user Marina Marraco tweeted.

“Who is right?! Who is wrong?!”

Another user, Heather Egan, wrote that they were “both in the wrong.”

“But reclining your seat when you are flying coach is literally the most selfish inconsiderate thing a person can do. It literally ruins the travel experience of the person sitting behind you,” she said.

“You are just as bad if not worse then [sic] him,” Egan added.

Others stuck up for her.

“It’s ridiculous for ppl to say you shouldn’t recline your seat. It’s an option for a reason. You’re fully within your right,” Melissa Graver wrote.

“If he needs more room, he should have gotten a seat that accommodated that. Why should you be inconvenienced? You paid for your seat.”

https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/airpla...reclined-seat/

One thing i hate the most are selfish, inconsiderate ass people. Selfishness and inconsideration are bit different but i hate inconsiderate people.

Fuk that lady and fuk those poosies talking about “rights”... at times, it isnt about rights, laws and what not. It’s about m being a considerate person and a decent human being.

Fuk that lady

Comment

Fuk that lady! That sht pisses me off too. There barely is enough room as it is! Then she putting her head in his space.

Comment

Fkin ****. Somebody better show her the backhand.

Comment

Broke ass btch riding coach but wanna lay back like it’s business class lol.

Comment

“It was scary and very painful” she said, claiming she lost time at work, had to receive X-rays and suffered headaches because of the incident.

“I’m in pain. I have 1 cervical disk left that isn’t fused – the first 1 which allows me some mobility. It’s scary bc it’s this the kind of injury that could do it in,” she said.

“I am grateful for the limited movement I still have and shouldn’t have had to endure the repeated blows.”

I will be calling the FBI to press charges against the ‘man’ who mistook me for a punching bag. Anyone who doesn’t like it, I don’t care!” she wrote.
            I might have been on her side, but she is crazed egomaniac who thinks she's the center of the universe (aka a woman), so screw her.

Her call to the FBI must have been pure comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
              One thing i hate the most are selfish, inconsiderate ass people. Selfishness and inconsideration are bit different but i hate inconsiderate people.

Fuk that lady and fuk those poosies talking about “rights”... at times, it isnt about rights, laws and what not. It’s about m being a considerate person and a decent human being.

Fuk that lady
              I completely agree! You want get up in someone space they gonna react. I’ve had kids kick the back of my seat and looked at their parents like are you fkn serious??? Then these pussified parents won’t even say sht treat their 3 years old like there best friends

Comment

Me, personally.... I would have told the pilot to land so I can kick her ass.

Treat like the Taliban and ****

Joking, not really. She is a ***** though

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                  I might have been on her side, but she is crazed egomaniac who thinks she's the center of the universe (aka a woman), so screw her.

Her call to the FBI must have been pure comedy.
                  That's the tipping point for me, she seems like the type of person who intentionally provokes people so she can file frivolous lawsuits.

Comment

he did kinda over react but she's in the wrong... i would have asked her nicely if she can move her seat forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X