Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a legitimate website for a Brain-Pad Mouthpiece?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a legitimate website for a Brain-Pad Mouthpiece?

Basically I started Boxing some weeks ago, and I found out we can spar aslong as we bring our own mouthpiece... and I remember seeing on a thread in this forum some weeks before I even started that Brain-Pads are the best one, and we saw this website showing UK prices (I am from the UK);

http://www.sugarrays.co.uk/shop/brai...uth-guard.html

The price is okay I am not bothered about that but I want to know if you think it is a legitimate site to buy it from, I don't want to be ripped off.

So two questions are;

1. Do you think the website is legitimate enough to buy one from?

2. Are Brain-Pads really probably the best mouthpiece I could get as I read on the other forums?

I looked in town and saw the Shock Doctor ones but didn't see the Brain-Pad as I believe it is an American product, but I figured if I can get a better one that claims to be the same price then I should go with the better one.

Any help will be extremely appreciated and I will give you all green karma for the help... thanks in advance.

Yes that website is legit. I ordered all my **** from there. Its the only place ya can really get any good boxing stuff from in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Zab Judah View Post
      Yes that website is legit. I ordered all my **** from there. Its the only place ya can really get any good boxing stuff from in the UK.
      Thanks very much buddy, very appreciated... you see I go with a friend and he linked me to this website, and I just wanted to be extra cautious... I am only 17 and I didn't want to be stupid and waste some money I have saved up to last me a bit on getting ripped off.

The site looked legit but I believe that looking and being are two different things so I thought I would ask. Yeah you can't really get great equipment in the UK I agree... well thanks for the info mate, green karma for you!

By the way do you recommend the Brain-Pad?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
        Thanks very much buddy, very appreciated... you see I go with a friend and he linked me to this website, and I just wanted to be extra cautious... I am only 17 and I didn't want to be stupid and waste some money I have saved up to last me a bit on getting ripped off.

The site looked legit but I believe that looking and being are two different things so I thought I would ask. Yeah you can't really get great equipment in the UK I agree... well thanks for the info mate, green karma for you!

By the way do you recommend the Brain-Pad?
        Never used it. I just use that shock doctor mouthguard. Its about 4 quid and you mould it to your teeth to fit your mouth. Its pretty good for the value and I haven't lost any teeth yet lol. Its up to you though mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Zab Judah View Post
          Never used it. I just use that shock doctor mouthguard. Its about 4 quid and you mould it to your teeth to fit your mouth. Its pretty good for the value and I haven't lost any teeth yet lol. Its up to you though mate.
          I was considering the Shock Doctor... and saw it down town today it looks good, and yeah that would be good for comfort. But I read on another forum that Brain-Pad is better so I thought I would get that, plus I have had work done on both my top and bottom set of teeth (braces) so I would prefer something that could protect both layers... I mean my teeth aren't perfect but they are A LOT better than they were and I don't want to have to have them again because I might have to pay second time around... so I thought a top and bottom protection would benefit for me anyway.

I guess it would all be down to your personal opinion and preferences. Thanks again anyway mate!

Comment

sugarrays is the best UK boxing website, i get all my stuff from there and never have problems, i've got a shock doctor mouhtpiece and thats aight! I've been told that brain-pad isnt that much different! you should check out the boxfituk website aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.l.08 View Post
              sugarrays is the best UK boxing website, i get all my stuff from there and never have problems, i've got a shock doctor mouhtpiece and thats aight! I've been told that brain-pad isnt that much different! you should check out the boxfituk website aswell.
              Oh okay cheers, would you say the Shock Doctor is good? I am mixed between that and Brain-Pad and have heard more advantages on Shock Doctor than Brain Pad?

Would you recommend it?

Comment

Oh okay cheers, would you say the Shock Doctor is good? I am mixed between that and Brain-Pad and have heard more advantages on Shock Doctor than Brain Pad?

Would you recommend it?
                yeh, id say its perfect! 8 out of 10 people at my gym have the same shock doctor mouthpiece lol. you can pick them up at jjb or sports direct for about £5 - £7 pound, I'd definitley reccomend it but to be honest its the only mouthpiece ive ever had so i cant really compare it to others

Comment

Originally posted by Luke.l.08 View Post
                  yeh, id say its perfect! 8 out of 10 people at my gym have the same shock doctor mouthpiece lol. you can pick them up at jjb or sports direct for about £5 - £7 pound, I'd definitley reccomend it but to be honest its the only mouthpiece ive ever had so i cant really compare it to others
                  Yeah, well in my opinion better safe than sorry I don't wanna waste my cash on a Brain-Pad... on my thread 5 people said Double Brain-Pad and 2 said single Shock Doctor but from other sources and websites I have heard loads of advantages on Shock Doctor and disadvantages on Brain-Pad... and as people say Brain-Pad sucks and some may say it is descent I hear loads of people say they use Shock Doctor and it works really well... so I don't think I can go wrong with a nice and Simple Shock Doctor.

You wouldn't need too much protection on your bottom teeth while wearing head guard anyway I guess... thanks for the information buddy, green karma for you!

I saw them in JJB Sports and Sports Direct for £10... so I think I will get that.

Comment

Yeah, well in my opinion better safe than sorry I don't wanna waste my cash on a Brain-Pad... on my thread 5 people said Double Brain-Pad and 2 said single Shock Doctor but from other sources and websites I have heard loads of advantages on Shock Doctor and disadvantages on Brain-Pad... and as people say Brain-Pad sucks and some may say it is descent I hear loads of people say they use Shock Doctor and it works really well... so I don't think I can go wrong with a nice and Simple Shock Doctor.

You wouldn't need too much protection on your bottom teeth while wearing head guard anyway I guess... thanks for the information buddy, green karma for you!

I saw them in JJB Sports and Sports Direct for £10... so I think I will get that.
                    no problemo, green k back!

Comment

Working...
                    X