Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Would You Like to See Sergey Kovalev Fight Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Would You Like to See Sergey Kovalev Fight Next?

The Andre Ward chapter of his career is closed but I hope these 2 losses don't make fans lose interest in Kovalev. Reasons being:

1. He's still a top p4p fighter that just lacks an inside game. But it takes an elite inside fighter such as Ward to expose that.

2. We can't dismiss fighters because of losses. We demand that the best fight the best but when they do, somebody has to lose.

With that said, I still think Kovalev has a lot of fight left in him. Here are my options:

1. Adonis Stevenson
    2. Artur Beterbiev
    3. Move to cruiserweight to win a title in his second weight class
    Adonis Stevenson
    40.54%
    Artur Beterbiev
    35.14%
    Oleksandr Usyk at Cruiserweight
    2.70%
    Andre Ward Trilogy
    10.81%
    I don't care. He's a crybaby.
    8.11%
    I don't care. I'm still salty about Saturday Night
    2.70%

Andre Ward with a competent referee and outside of the United States of Corruption.

Comment

He should move up to Cruiserweight and fight a couple of light touches to get acclimated and then go for a world title shot.

At 34 going on 35 he doesn't need to put his body through the strain and weight draining of making 175. So it's in his best interest to finish his career at Cruiserweight.

Comment

I think Gvo (not even trying to learn that name) is an impressive up and comer and it would be a great fight.

Barrera would probably be a smarter fight for Kovalev. Or Smith, if he gets through Barrera.

Beterbeiv would be good but I'd hate to see Beterbeiv get derailed before he even beats a live body so I'd like it to happen early next year.

175 is really getting stacked right now.

Comment

I would like to see him against Badou Jack. Badou has a great engine and would make him work.

It would be a very interesting fight IMO.

Comment

Betterbum sounds like the most exciting fight so that's my pick for Kov. Ward can unify with Stevenson if he comes out of his bunker.

Comment

I would like to see him fight fatigue.

Comment

He's not a top P4P fighter. Hopefully now people see he doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 with his lacking resume and inability to adapt this past fight.

I want to see him fight Beterbiev or Gzovdyj. Ward can face Stevenson.

Comment

I'm not sure he'll be mentally ready to get back in straight with a tough fight. I'd take a gimme and see how he looks first.

Comment

doesn't matter who he gets in with next, i see him being a shadow of the fighter he once was. Will he be able to get over it mentally? Also, Ward has laid the blueprint to beat him. Anyone watching both fights(including Kov fans) can clearly see that he hates it to the body and tires quickly when you go down there

Comment

Working...
                    X