No announcement yet.

Who beats Roberto Duran ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    Blind love for modern fighters like who? Chavez who fought at basically the same time as Pernell Whitaker lol.

I don't rate or compare fighters from pre 1970 the sport has changed too much.
    You said "Modern fighters as in post 1970." in a previous thread. So Chavez and Whitaker would be classed as modern to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      You said "Modern fighters as in post 1970." in a previous thread. So Chavez and Whitaker would be classed as modern to you.
      Yes and I dislike Pernell Whitaker very much so how is that a blind love?

Comment

So you let time period and personal bias get in the way?

Not good.

Comment

Blind love for modern fighters like who? Chavez who fought at basically the same time as Pernell Whitaker lol.

I don't rate or compare fighters from pre 1970 the sport has changed too much.
          You're right, 17 weight classes and 68 titles (not including super champions, interim champions, regular champions, diamond belt champions, champion emeritus, etc., etc., etc.) have made boxing soo much better since then.

Comment

So you let time period and personal bias get in the way?

Not good.
            Get in the way of what?

I told you already I don't rate or compare guys pre 1970 if you want to that is your prerogative I would rather stick to ranking guys I have seen fight more 3 or 4 times in ****ty quality youtube videos.

Also there is a difference between dislike and bias

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            You're right, 17 weight classes and 68 titles (not including super champions, interim champions, regular champions, diamond belt champions, champion emeritus, etc., etc., etc.) have made boxing soo much better since then.

When did I say the sport was better?

Comment

And at other times he's described "modern fighters" as post 1990, and at other times post 2000.....whatever happens to be convenient for him in a given thread :rofl9:

Poet

Comment

Get in the way of what?

I told you already I don't rate or compare guys pre 1970 if you want to that is your prerogative I would rather stick to ranking guys I have seen fight more 3 or 4 times in ****ty quality youtube videos.

Also there is a difference between dislike and bias

There's a lot of great pre 1970 footage.

Ali vs Cleveland Williams for example.

Comment

I would favor no one over Duran at lightweight but Pacquiao and Chavez are 50/50 fights
                  loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

That's very apparent.

Comment

Than please tell us what you're alluding to when you say "the sport has changed so much"?

Comment

Working...
                      X