No announcement yet.

Double leg vs. single leg takedown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double leg vs. single leg takedown

I personally prefer the double, but you're left in a more vulnerable position to be guillotined. The single leg is good if you're good at tripping, but the double has a lot more power in the drive. Which do you prefer?

Depending on the opponent and what they give you.

A lot of strikers leave themselves open to double legs IMO by coming straight ahead. They aren't ready for it a lot of the time and are just waiting to be lifted and slammed.

Single legs work well with a grappler, you will avoid the guillotine and be in a better spot to recover if it goes wrong

Comment

i dunno i'm lucky enough to (most of the time) be able to pick up and slam from either single or double with little to no strain

all in all i like the double more

but as seldom said they are harder to get on grapplers.

Comment

I like the double leg more, but I get the single more often because I like to work from the clinch.

Comment

I perfer double. Its easy to escape a guillotined.

Comment

i like the double. as soon as i grap them, if im having any problems getting them down....ill just try and tackle them. any way to get them down will be good for me. i like being on the ground. i feel more comfortable. hopefully soon i will be takin classes with my buddies.

Comment

i do like the single trip takedown , but the double leg is great also

Comment

There's no reason why you should get guillotined from a double leg it your head is buried against the hip or into the abdomen.

I don't believe there's such a thing as choosing between a single or double on any particular shoot, meaning if you do one you can't do the other. Once you secure one leg, a single can easily become a double and vice versa. Just watch out for crossfaces that'll break your neck, that's all.

Comment

Oh i hate getting the cross face. The forearm across the face kills.

Comment

I shoot...if I get a single I go for it, if I get a double I go for it, if I get the back I try suplex or something....

Comment

Working...
                    X