Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will froch go down as a all time great...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Haha it's all opinions mate. I had Froch beating Kessler by a round, and i also had him as the close winner against Dirrell. There's no way Dirrell did enough that night to walk away with Froch's belt.

The only guy who has clearly outclassed him was Ward, who IMO is the future, if not already p4p #1.
    i wouldnt have complained if the froch kessler fight went either way. i dont buy the didnt do enough to take the belt stuff, you could say froch didnt do enough to keep the belt aswell.

Comment

Dirrell beat Froch, he just didn't deserve it.

Froch will never become an ATG, that opportunity has passed. He still has time to become a HOFer, don't know where I'd have him in an all British ATG list - top 25?

Comment

" HYPOTHETICAL ANSWER TO AN HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION"

I like Froch, and he's on the HOF route, but if guys considered him to be an ATG. i'll give you an example. than you have to considered fighters like cotto, whom resume is better than frochs and dawson whom has 2 HOF "Tarver/Bhop and 1 ATG "Bhop" on his resume. All the fighters that are considered ATG has other ATg on their resume and has signature wins. Dawson beat an ATG in BHOP, i know BHop is considered old, but he will beat all the guys whom are not superior in athleticism/boxing craft to him and not name Dawson and Ward. Taver is going to the HOF based off his shocking KO of the the unbeatable RJJ, also unifying the light heavy weight titles. Like i said if froch is a HOF than Cotto is. Now the Vlad really doesn't have any signature wins, but he has dominated his division for almost 10 yrs now. i know guys are going to say his division sucks, might be true. But Vlad is dominating the bums like he is suppose too. Froch hasn't dominated a division, nor has he been the man of his division. Also if you look @ his resume he has 1 sure lock potential HOF'r on his resume and that's Ward whom outclassed him. 1 quick note guys say he beat Dirrell i can see why you say he did, but i chose dirrell. now guys say dirrell was running, well HOF'r and ATG know how to cut the ring off and get rid of the guy or at least dominate a young untested Dirrell , and not resort to dirty tactics. i'll give an example Moreno vs Mares. Moreno is pure slick boxer, but a young Mares knew how to cut the ring off and step/punch with moreno. If you want to say froch is one Great Britain's ATG go ahead, but overall ATG and HOF'r is pushing it.
        Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 11-22-2012, 10:05 AM.

Comment

well, this is a hyperthetical situation

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            He's already in my top one of ATG slick fighters.Definitely slicker than your average slick African American,and they're said to be very slick.
            I've seen Froch fight two of these so-called "slick" fighters, Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell. How slick did he look in those fights?

Comment

Originally posted by WolfGirl View Post
              Wow. You are right.

Can you think of ANY ATG that have avenged all their defeats? It takes a special special fighter to avenge all his defeats. I'm trying to think of who actually did such a feat.
              Carlos Monzon and Gene Tunney.
              Last edited by NChristo; 11-22-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

No, HOF bound though. ATG should be about the top 100 or so fighters ever, and I don't think Froch can make that list without beating Dawson at light heavy, and it seems like Kessler isn't going to rematch him so it's doubtful. Unfortunately.

Comment

If he did that I think he would. I think he loses both of those fights on neutral ground.

Comment

If he beats Ward, yes

Comment

Honestly, I already think Froch ranks high in the British atg. Great resume & ducks nobody.

Comment

Working...
                      X