My fight from Saturday, advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how old are you?

Comment

He was countering off your jab, you should feint more to keep em guessing. More head movement and work on your footwork a sidestep can make him miss and open up opportunities. You've got a habit of crouching even when he's not throwing, when you do that you're a sitting duck.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN
        how old are you?
        I just turned 18.....

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
          I just turned 18.....

you still young man you fight timid. figth with balls and see what happens you already losing with the style you fighting with so what do you have to lose. Trys thing this is the amatuer. It is the time to try **** and not really be held accountable for it.

Comment

Thank you guys so much for the feedback. It's very much appreciated.

Comment

your jab is too slow and ponderous. You need to work on speeding it up and bringing your hand back quicker. - Speed up that jab and use it more.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                your jab is too slow and ponderous. You need to work on speeding it up and bringing your hand back quicker. - Speed up that jab and use it more.
                What can I do to speed it up?

Comment

maybe resistence bands and more work on the mitts ... some guys weight there gloves and stuff but I dunno about doing that, though it will build up your endurance and help you to keep firing it out there.

Comment

What can I do to speed it up?
                    improve your technique and work on your overall handspeed. there are alot of ways to improve your hand speed but in your case simply being less tight and more relaxed will make a big diffrence, that will come with experience though.

in the meantime check out this article. the site helped me alot in general when i was at the stage youre at.

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-t...-and-exercises

also ignore the guy who told you to fight with more balls. ppl who say dumb **** like that never boxed in their lives, the rest of us realize it takes time to build confidence and feel more at home in the ring. as long as you keep fighting and keep trying to improve each time out you will get there eventually.

Comment

I noticed that too. But everytime i would throw my jab he would throw a stupid overhand shot and catch me.
                      Double and triple up on the jab. Jab to the body. Use feints as well. I know body work doesn't count in the amateurs, but it does. It'll take the wheels off your opponent and provide more opportunities for you to score.

Comment

Working...
                      X