No announcement yet.

Khans new conditioner "I dont believe in roadwork"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
    well he says haye never did it under hims aswell, did haye have a tendancy to gas? he had been the full 12 twice.
    Yes he does. He has however figured out a way to compensate for it, but in the process leaves himself more vulnerable to losing rounds (even to the likes of Nikolai Valuev). Haye has come up with some of the lowest punch statistics in compubox history, learning from his losing experience against Carl Thompson where he was administered oxygen after a mere 4 rounds of action.

If Khan wishes to cut back on roadwork, he has to become more economical, comfortable and relaxed in the ring. You have to be able to pick your punches, conserve your energy and use the rest periods to gather up a second wind. The explosive sprints work well enough for 3 minutes of action but when you go for a whole 30 minutes, the 1 minute rest period isn't enough to compensate in my estimation in a fast-paced fight.

His current style can only be kept up for 12 rounds with great all-around conditioning. He moves around at a fast pace, throws a ton of punches with a lot of speed behind them which can wear anybody out, almost equal to running a marathon. These new training techniques seem more suited for short, explosive bursts of energy.
    Last edited by TheGreatA; 05-31-2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

says he will post a video of khan doing the 4 plate deadlift.

Comment

Originally posted by Antwuan Maxx View Post
        In the late 90s or early 2000s, Joe Frazier and Shannon Briggs were on Howard Stern. Joe said he felt like fighters ran way too much and advised Shannon not to do much road work, because he felt it was bad for fighter's legs.
        the problem with this statment is that when u look at the fighters who have lasted the longest in the sport even in this era, they are the guys that are the most conditioned, the guys who constantly run and work in the gym. guys like floyd and b hop and even to some extent mosely. these guys all run, they all do roadwork and they have been doing it for decades and their bodies have held up very well.

Comment

Did he give a reason for preferring high intensity bursts to roadwork? I know he said it's "old school" apparently but what's he say the problem with roadwork is? This could be bad for Khan, we'll see...

Comment

When see Khan sucking wind under performing yet again against Garcia I am going to laugh thinking about this thread~

Comment

I just read that he has Khan on mostly organic raw food.

Someone also tweeted a question to him which he responded "getting body fat % down is mostly to do with diet my friend. Eat mostly raw food for a month and watch it go down"!

Studies actually show that fewer calories are absorbed from raw food. Depending on the food, it can even be something like half as much (I'll have to do a search, can't remember exact numbers). So of course your body fat % will go down. No ****.

Comment

oh god another str and conditioning coach making headlines

Ego inflation in 3.....2.....

Comment

StairMaster should be adequate enough

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                    he said he would rather do sprints, and activities that require bursts then long slow paced road work.
                    I believe this as well.

Sprints and other anaerobic activities should have prevalence. There is a place for long sustained pace running in boxing but it shouldnt be held higher then sprints and such.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      there is no substitute for roadwork. none. in the over 100 years boxing has been around, no1 has really found a decent sub for it. just the way it is. roadwork is an essential element of training for numerous reasons. and i just dont see how khan of all ppl can cut it out of his routine.
                      When he says roadwork he is talking about running like 7 miles at the same pace.

With a sport like boxing where it is mainly anaerobic this isnt exactly helpful.

Comment

Working...
                      X