No announcement yet.

Hitting Heavybag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting Heavybag

Hey its just a short video about 30 seconds of me hitting the bag. Just looking for some tips if im doing anything wrong (probably everything haha)

I dont have a gym yet im looking to drop the rest of my weight then hopefully in about 12 months looking at competing.

Its only short I will try and get up a longer one in a few days.

Its after 5 rounds and about 60 pushups so as you can imagine im pretty tired by this point.

By the way the bag weighs 50kg - About 110 pounds or so.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S3dG-qnmdE
    Last edited by Al3x; 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM.

had hard time watchen as its sideways....however biggest thing i saw...dont throw body shots without bending at the knees..ur droppen hands to go to body and leaven ur head wide open....body shots are same as to the head basicly but u have to drop at knees to get to the body

Comment

feedback

Most importantly you need to look at the bag. Next you need to snap out them punches and not fall into the bag, move around after throwing shots. Focus on that first before anything else. I would like to suggest checking out expertboxing.com the coach is the best out that I've seen. He explains all technical aspects of boxing thoroughly.

Comment

Thanks guys, id love to be able to move around but there isnt really enough room to hit the bag and move around like i want to. For now it will have to do i guess. So long as my technique isn't terrible and I can just work on that, which is the most important thing.

Thanks for the body shots tip....

Comment

Twist into your punches using your hips, you're throwing arm punches only using your arms, that won't get you much momentum to increase punching power, nor will you be able to transfer weight into another punch.

Take a step back, to measure where you should be standing stand straight in front of the bag and stretch out your arm and put your fist on the bag, make sure the arm is locked tight. That's the distance you should be standing at, when throwing punches you step in or twist to make the extra distance needed to damage someone.

Put the elbows tighter into your hips so you're not as vulnerable to body shots, and keep that right hand a little higher or you're going to be a sucker for the left hook.

Comment

On your left uppercuts to the body you're dropping your hand exposing your chin. On left uppercuts to the body you have to dip left with your knees bent and shoot the upper like you're jamming a knife into the liver and quickly pulling the blade out.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkxFxlReqA8

Hey guys made another video yesterday. Hopefully its a little better than the first.

Still looking for tips and if/where I have improved.

Thanks

Comment

No-one got any tips....

Thanks

Comment

Video is hard to watch. First work on getting video right side up. Then you should try to find a gym or a coach. Training by yourself you are liable to perfect your bad habits.

Comment

Put those ear muffs on!

Comment

Working...
                    X