Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who was more famous in there era mike tyson or michael jordan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who was more famous in there era mike tyson or michael jordan?

they both made it big in the 80s and 90s and came from the same era, but who was more the talk of the town? you might disagree but i will say tyson was looked at as more of a god then jordan, but jordan became bigger then life also.

Jordan's era was a lot longer but at there peak they were about the same

Comment

Originally posted by fists of stone View Post
      they both made it big in the 80s and 90s and came from the same era, but who was more the talk of the town? you might disagree but i will say tyson was looked at as more of a god then jordan, but jordan became bigger then life also.
      Late 80's, def Tyson. He stood alone in his sport and was considered invincible. Jordan didn't get his rep til Magic/Bird left the game.

Comment

Don't forget Mike jackson (RIP)

Comment

I'd say Jordan because of how he internationalized basketball...boxing was already a global sport before Tyson...they were both equally recognizable globally, but I would give Jordan a slight edge because he was an ambassador.

Comment

It'd go with Jordan. It's hard to prove either side is right, considering that the timelines are a bit different and the reigns had different lengths. However, I'd have to go with Jordan.

Mike could get you to pay 30 bucks every four months for a pay-per-view. Jordan can get you to drop 100 bucks on SHOES basically whenever the hell he wants. One can still do that, the other can't.

Jordan wins.

Comment

Jordan and it's not even close.

Comment

Jordan with ease he is the most popular athlete in my lifetime.

Comment

jordan easily

dude won 6 rings in the 90's.

2 3peats.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
                    Late 80's, def Tyson. He stood alone in his sport and was considered invincible. Jordan didn't get his rep til Magic/Bird left the game.

The 1991 season when the Bulls won their first championship, Larry Bird was the Celtics' leading scorer, while Magic got "outmagic" by Jordan in the finals.

I'm a huge boxing fan but Jordan is arguably the greatest athlete of all time, and Iron Mike ain't even in the top 10, or even top 20...

Comment

Working...
                    X