The 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao...

Originally posted by K-DOGG
    35 bro. My memory ain't shot yet; but some of that early stuff is kind of merging together.
    you got that right...how bout Lost in Space, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, The Munsters, The Flintstones, Gilliagan's Island, The Jetsons, Adam's Family..and you local Dtroiters...Sir Graves Gastly...that going way back and local...anybody hear who remembers Sir Graves Gastly and what his schtick was exactly 1,000,000 points!

Comment

Originally posted by The Coagulator
      you got that right...how bout Lost in Space, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, The Munsters, The Flintstones, Gilliagan's Island, The Jetsons, Adam's Family..and you local Dtroiters...Sir Graves Gastly...that going way back and local...anybody hear who remembers Sir Graves Gastly and what his schtick was exactly 1,000,000 points!
      DUDE!!! Completely forgot about Lost in Space...that was one of my favorites. Giligans Island, The Munsters, The Adams Family, The Flintstones ruled...never cared for The Jetsons. Adam 12, Starsky and Hutch, The Dukes of Hazzard...

now, Sir Graves Ghastly...didn't he host a personalized horror movie showcase kind of like Elvira...and concluded the final show by blowing up his mouse mascot? He blew up stuff all the time, if I'm thinking of the right guy...the mouse got him taken off the air...if this is the right guy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Coagulator
        What about some of the cool games like...Space Invaders, Centipede, Astroids, Galaga, Tempest and the like...or was that 70's

.....I was a big fan of Defender and Stargate. I'm going to get a giant arcade style defender game one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by pbds
          .....I was a big fan of Defender and Stargate. I'm going to get a giant arcade style defender game one of these days.
          Shoot...inadvertantly, you just reminded me of another couple of shows from the 80's I was a fan of... Battlestar Galactica and The A-Team, though I didn't get to watch either much because they came on when we went to church.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
            Shoot...inadvertantly, you just reminded me of another couple of shows from the 80's I was a fan of... Battlestar Galactica and The A-Team, though I didn't get to watch either much because they came on when we went to church.

...I was a big fan of that Battlestar Galactica. The new one on the Sci-fi channel sucks.

Comment

hair metal was probabley my favorite thing of the 80's. every band was so cliche, but it was such a good cliche. i wasnt around during the actual heydey, but now that i heard them i realize their great message: get wasted before the concert, rock out, and get wasted again with the possibility that you can score to finish the night off.

Comment

Holy ****.
                The 80's were ****in great!

Comment

Hair metal was alot of fun. I remember back when that stuff was popular, my friends and I would cruise up and down Main Street in downtown Worcester and all the other long haired pucks would do the same thing blasting their metal cassettes on their stereos. It was one big metal scene.

Comment

Originally posted by jason100x
                    Hair metal was alot of fun. I remember back when that stuff was popular, my friends and I would cruise up and down Main Street in downtown Worcester and all the other long haired pucks would do the same thing blasting their metal cassettes on their stereos. It was one big metal scene.
                    wheres worcester at? my cousins were just in the phillipines and the metal scene was crazy then too.

Comment

Originally posted by jason100x
                      That was when there was that short craze of 3-D movies coming out. I think one of the Friday The 13th movies, maybe Part 3, was out in 3-D. The comeback of 3-D didn't last long.
                      Yeah it got big again around that time for some reason. It was cool to see the body parts floating in mid air.

Comment

Working...
                      X