No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: If My Children Tell Me To Retire, I Will Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=turnedup;12794347][QUOTE=lopez36;12794339]

Oscar fought Floyd at 154 weighing in at 160 plus on fight night..he fought pacquaio at 150 and weighed in at 160 plus on fight night...what's the issue again? 4 pounds? Manny didn't even make 150 for that fight. I'm not here talking about his role overall in boxing i'm just here debating your points because the criticism holds zero merit. What's good for one guy to do is bad for the other now? I'm showing you exactly how wrong you are with the double standards. I'm not a pacquaio fan but I will defend him when ppl toss ludicrous accusations around with zero merit behind them.[/QUOT

who fought pac at 150?? Oscar?? Oscar came in the low 140's,he looked like a dead man,just because one fighter drains another doesn't mean someone else can do it and try to get credit for the win,,,you guys need to realize already,he had huge advantages over his opponents,i was going for cotto that night but as soon as I saw him tire very early I knew those few extra pounds affected him,if manny was all this great boxer he should have let cotto weigh whatever he wanted and not what pac wanted,cotto was the champ and treated like zero in those negotiations

Comment

• Marquez has Bob Arum in the palm of his hands right now. He should be trying to get the most money out of him or retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        I done already disproved that notion you just made..read my reply to your other post.
        Fighting a past prime weight drained De La Hoya, that happened. Fighting a shot, defeated Ricky Hatton after getting knocked out, that happened. Fighting Cotto right after he got knocked out by Margs wraps and at a catchweight, (If weight didn't mean ****, why didn't he fight em at 154?) that happened. Fighting Clottey.........................that happened. Fighting a shot Margarito at a catchweight after Mosley knocked em out, That happened. Fighting a 40 year old, past prime Mosley that hadn't won a fight in 3 years, that happened. Fighting a JWW in Bradley, that happened. Fighting a 40 year old, over weight Marquez TWICE, that happened. No matter how you want to spin it, all of this **** happened.

Comment

• [QUOTE=lopez36;12794376][QUOTE=turnedup;12794347]
          Originally posted by lopez36 View Post

Oscar fought Floyd at 154 weighing in at 160 plus on fight night..he fought pacquaio at 150 and weighed in at 160 plus on fight night...what's the issue again? 4 pounds? Manny didn't even make 150 for that fight. I'm not here talking about his role overall in boxing i'm just here debating your points because the criticism holds zero merit. What's good for one guy to do is bad for the other now? I'm showing you exactly how wrong you are with the double standards. I'm not a pacquaio fan but I will defend him when ppl toss ludicrous accusations around with zero merit behind them.[/QUOT

who fought pac at 150?? Oscar?? Oscar came in the low 140's,he looked like a dead man,just because one fighter drains another doesn't mean someone else can do it and try to get credit for the win,,,you guys need to realize already,he had huge advantages over his opponents,i was going for cotto that night but as soon as I saw him tire very early I knew those few extra pounds affected him,if manny was all this great boxer he should have let cotto weigh whatever he wanted and not what pac wanted,cotto was the champ and treated like zero in those negotiations
          Again..more to the point..it's ok for Cotto to drain Margarito but not pacquaio..it's ok for floyd to fight dlh at a lower weight than he was effective at but it's ok..manny does it and it's bad! bad! bad! Cotto has to lose two extra pounds and it's "omg he lost all his power".. G T F O H..i won't indulge this crock of shhhh anymore..I been a life long fan of Cotto and he wouldn't have won that fight at 147, 150, or 154..your weight has nothing to do with being incappable of getting out of the way of every punch coming your way..

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
            Fighting a past prime weight drained De La Hoya, that happened. Fighting a shot, defeated Ricky Hatton after getting knocked out, that happened. Fighting Cotto right after he got knocked out by Margs wraps and at a catchweight, (If weight didn't mean ****, why didn't he fight em at 154?) that happened. Fighting Clottey.........................that happened. Fighting a shot Margarito at a catchweight after Mosley knocked em out, That happened. Fighting a 40 year old, past prime Mosley that hadn't won a fight in 3 years, that happened. Fighting a JWW in Bradley, that happened. Fighting a 40 year old, over weight Marquez TWICE, that happened. No matter how you want to spin it, all of this **** happened.
            So why did Floyd have a fight night weight limit on DLH because he didn't drain him? Floyd fought the same mosley a year before..now it's 3 years of inactivity? Where do you guys come from..casual fan heaven? He's past his prime after he fight Mayweather,really? How convenient. Cotto had two wins on record before he fought pacquaio..so skip that bullshh again i'm probably the biggest cotto groupie on this site. Hatton had one loss on his record, whoppity doo..yeah a loss makes you a shot fighter. Floyd made marquez come up two weight classes instead of meeting him halfway. Cotto also fought margarito at a catchweight both times they fought. You guys really are conveniently selective when popping **** on here like the rest of us don't know boxing history or don't also have google accessible. Go look up the facts before you continue looking like a dumbass. These straw men arguments make you look like casual fans and flat out haters. I'm the furthest thing from a pacquaio fan but I can't stand this bullshhh fans of the sport resort to just to make themselves sound intelligent.
            Last edited by turnedup; 12-10-2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Angel Memo Heredia.. Thank him Marquez for the juice that can be legally bought in Mexico. People sure are damn ignorant to actually think his power just came from no where..

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                So why did Floyd have a fight night weight limit on DLH because he didn't drain him? Floyd fought the same mosley a year before..now it's 3 years of inactivity? Where do you guys come from..casual fan heaven? He's past his prime after he fight Mayweather,really? How convenient. Cotto had two wins on record before he fought pacquaio..so skip that bullshh again i'm probably the biggest cotto groupie on this site. Hatton had one loss on his record, whoppity doo..yeah a loss makes you a shot fighter. Floyd made marquez come up two weight classes instead of meeting him halfway. Cotto also fought margarito at a catchweight both times they fought. You guys really are conveniently selective when popping **** on here like the rest of us don't know boxing history or don't also have google accessible. Go look up the facts before you continue looking like a dumbass. These straw men arguments make you look like casual fans and flat out haters. I'm the furthest thing from a pacquaio fan but I can't stand this bullshhh fans of the sport resort to just to make themselves sound intelligent.
                Yeah yeah yeah mu****a, did i lie?....where in my post is there a fallacy? Floyd fought De La Hoya at 154, he did not come down in weight in any form. He beat Mosley, then he went on to look like **** against Mora...but that's cool though right? Cotto beat a nobody in Jennings, and arguably lost against Clottey, so I guess he was the same right? As far as Hatton, a loss doesn't make you shot, but getting knocked out when you've spent your entire career undefeated, kinda takes a toll on your approach to the fight game does it not? Cotto fighting Marg at a catchweight has nothing to do with Manny fighting Cotto at a catchweight, both of them did some ***** ****. Now get your dumass outta here dude.

Comment

• First fight was a draw and even the experts know Marquez won the other two fights so shut up and sit down Marquez won this fight by ko it wasn't even close

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    Oh hell no. You're not about to screw Manny out of a rematch, after he done gave you 3 ****in chances to redeem yourself.

Manny bought you that new house we all saw on 24/7. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
                    ROFLMAO, really?

Comment

• Fine have a rematch but Marquez has to pull a Manny and make him fight at a catch weight of 138. See how he likes that sht.

Comment

Working...
                      X