No announcement yet.

James Toney owes $353,000 to the US Tax Department

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    Damn imagine Pac's financial situation 20 years from now...
    20 years??!! How about 5 years with all that entourage.

Comment

Problem is that Toney's not exactly in a position to get TV work...

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
        Rappers and boxers are the worst individuals when it comes to managing money
        One of the problems is that the taxes do not take into account that the millions of dollars that a boxer might make during the prime of their career (which can last only a few years) could be the only money that they're ever going to make. The boxers do not usually take this into account either.

You get used to a lavish lifestyle due to having a lot of money in the bank account, until the money stops coming. In your late 30's you can already be out of a job and without any future income. Suddenly the hundreds of thousands that you have made do not seem like such a large amount of money.

A plan beyond boxing should be recommended to every boxer.

Comment

Its a shame that boxers can't manage money better when they have it and have to resort to fighting when they should have retired long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            One of the problems is that the taxes do not take into account that the millions of dollars that a boxer might make during the prime of their career (which can last only a few years) could be the only money that they're ever going to make. The boxers do not usually take this into account either.

You get used to a lavish lifestyle due to having a lot of money in the bank account, until the money stops coming. In your late 30's you can already be out of a job and without any future income. Suddenly the hundreds of thousands that you have made do not seem like such a large amount of money.

A plan beyond boxing should be recommended to every boxer.
            Agreed. Have something to fall back on or at least know the business side of the sport as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Its a shame that boxers can't manage money better when they have it and have to resort to fighting when they should have retired long ago.
              yeah. don't forget about their "business" ventures. should really force these guys to save in an IRA they can't touch until late to mid 50s.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                He made a lot of money and it's too bad he wasted it all away. Boxing is no charity though, he shouldn't be receiving paychecks because people feel sorry for him. Taking a beating in order to pay your taxes is not the right way to go on about it.
                What else can he do?

Comment

To me, $353k in debt would be the end of my life and then some. But with the enormous debt's i've seen athletes go through, in the millions range, this is actually workable. It's not an astronomical amount in the world of athlete debt. But like I said, to me or any other normal person, this could cause a heart attack. It's all relative I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
                    Rappers and boxers are the worst individuals when it comes to managing money
                    Rappers have no excuse, they're just stupid with their money because they want to be stupid. Their lifestyles are stupid. The 100s of thousands of dollars they spend on cars, jewelry, big house, women, clubbing. It's s stupid lifestyle that only some rappers can avoid and actually stay rich their whole life.

Boxers on the otherhand, get f-cked from left to right with their money. Unless you're your own boss, or are a big big star like Pacquiao, Canelo, Chavez Jr, you're f-cked.

Comment

Toney is an A$$ hole. He deserves it anyway. He talks ****t about everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X