Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you look at it in a certain perspective, Williams has lost his last three fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you look at it in a certain perspective, Williams has lost his last three fights.

In the first fight with Martinez paul made a hell of an effort and dished out some of his own punishment but ultimately was countered and out-smarted and outboxed all night in my opinion..but i can see a case for him winning, either way paul took a beating in that fight and many felt he lost. Then, he takes on Cintron and even though Cintronj pulled some dumb ****, in those first four rounds he was stunning and outboxing paul for the vast majority of the rounds...and i, personally noticed then that paul looked like he had lost a step since the martinez fight. Then, last but not least the highly anticipated rematch between him and martinez manifests, and williams is savagely knocked out in the second round, and he actually looked decent up until he was knocked out, but martinez looked BETTER, if you go back and watch the tape you will see just how often and how clean and accurately he was being countered by martinez, mainly by the LEFT HAND (same hand he was knocked out with) up until he was sparked out. Martinez is a counter puncher and in my opinion had figured williams out in the first fight and new how, when and what paul was going to throw and timed him perfectly...but even still, paul didn't look like normal paul in my opinion..he looked slowed on his feet and if you look close you can also see this in his fight with cintron as well, when he'd go to throw it took him alot longer to bring his hands back to his face than me personally am used to seeing from him...maybe i'm wrong maybe i'm somewhat correct or i'm 100 percent correct. either way do not be surprised if paul doesn't do much if anything at the world class level. just my two cents on the subject. agree, disagree? either way your comments are welcome.

Regardless of how you cut it in terms of his record, Williams has not come out looking the best he could in his last few fights.

He doesn't do well in all against Martinez and he possibly lost to Cintron, even with his Frogger impression.

Still, with the right fight AT WELTERWEIGHT, he could be right back on track.

Comment

IMO, pwill has kinda been exposed(hate to use that term). against top competition: hes looked great beating up smaller guys(sharmba mitchell for example) and older guys(wright) but against bigger opponents, in their prime(marg, cintron, sergio), he has looked very ordinary.

he has virtutaly no defense and relies on his relentless offense to carry him. Even BEFORE sergio ko'd him, I woulda picked pavlik to beat him. Now theres no doubt in my mind pavlik KO's him.

I really believed pwill looked so great a few years ago becuz he was fighting guys so much smaller. Since moving up in weight, he's lost all the "fear" that supposedly came with fighting him. BTW, i would still pick pwill to beat floyd or pac just becuz of his size but i dont think its fair at all, he should be fighting legit 160 lbers not blown up lightweights.

Comment

Working...
      X