Fighter of the decade means nothing, here's why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
    [B]Floyds FOTY awards completely agree your post is a fail.[/gB]
    Your assessment is painfully imcorrect.. FOTY and FOTD are two completely different animals. To use the movie industry as a metaphor, MTV movie awards and Golden Globes will award fringe element actors sure, but Oscars are only given to a caste of actors that has broken their way into very particular circles of regard

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
      Your assessment is painfully imcorrect.. FOTY and FOTD are two completely different animals. To use the movie industry as a metaphor, MTV movie awards and Golden Globes will award fringe element actors sure, but Oscars are only given to a caste of actors that has broken their way into very particular circles of regard
      except in your movie argument, the mtv and golden globes winners are chosen by a completely different panel of judges from the oscars.

whereas in boxing, the exact same people who awarded floyd with the foty award are the exact same people who awarded pacquaio the fotd award.

Comment

• TS is a joker. your last few threads proved this. were all boxing fans here man. dont put so much of your emotion/hate on this. we love this game..

Comment

• i guess neither do the p4p lists, or the atg lists etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
            Who decided pac was fighter of the decade? A bunch of fat old white men who never put on a pair of boxing gloves in their lives? Face it, the award means very little. Floyd still outsells pac and has a more impressive resume.

At the end of the day they could've gave the FOTD to paulie malignaggi, but the fact remains that doesn't mean he can beat anybody. The award can't fight for you.

The debate for pac vs floyd is getting old now. Facts are facts, floyd is unbeaten and has a better record than pac. Pac has been knocked out twice, floyd didn't get knocked down from shane mosley.

Let the pacfarts come in here and cry, but the truth is very obvious to people that have been following boxing for longer than 4 months ( average pacfart ).

Just like how I knew lewis would K.O the overrated tyson, I know floyd would easily beat pac.
            Calzlappy was also undefeated. Fotd award for Calzhage lol

FOTD award obviously means nothing to you, that's why you had to start a whole another thread didicated to it hahaha!

Comment

• I can't believe some people actually get so butt hurt over what awards athletes get or don't get...

Comment

• Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                except in your movie argument, the mtv and golden globes winners are chosen by a completely different panel of judges from the oscars.

whereas in boxing, the exact same people who awarded floyd with the foty award are the exact same people who awarded pacquaio the fotd award.
                Alright.. Then fringe element actors are voted in as best supporting actor for the Oscars, but as for best actor, that is different. So FOTY and FOTD are NOT the same or comparable in any way. I'd suggest people stop using that premise for their debate

Comment

• yea..it means nothing

that's why *****s make threads about it everyday

Comment

• i'm hungry. <3 cocoa puffs and cinnamon toast crunch mmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
                      Who decided pac was fighter of the decade? A bunch of fat old white men who never put on a pair of boxing gloves in their lives? Face it, the award means very little. Floyd still outsells pac and has a more impressive resume.

At the end of the day they could've gave the FOTD to paulie malignaggi, but the fact remains that doesn't mean he can beat anybody. The award can't fight for you.

The debate for pac vs floyd is getting old now. Facts are facts, floyd is unbeaten and has a better record than pac. Pac has been knocked out twice, floyd didn't get knocked down from shane mosley.

Let the pacfarts come in here and cry, but the truth is very obvious to people that have been following boxing for longer than 4 months ( average pacfart ).

Just like how I knew lewis would K.O the overrated tyson, I know floyd would easily beat pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X