Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jorge Arce afraid of Nonito Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jorge Arce afraid of Nonito Donaire?

He is 5-0-1 (5 KO's) above 118 and he has Vasquez' belt and then he goes back to bantamweight just about the time Donaire climbs up to 122. I mean, WTF? The Donaire-Arce is a huge fight, I don't see a reason why he didn't want that unless he is scared of him.

thoughts?
    Yes he is DEFINITELY scared.
    12.12%
    No.
    87.88%

they are going to fight next after Vazquez that's why arce is taking a tune up fight.

Comment

mexicans have no fear

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        they are going to fight next after Vazquez that's why arce is taking a tune up fight.
        Huh? Why take a tune-up on a lower weight?

Comment

Originally posted by keehlnate View Post
          Huh? Why take a tune-up on a lower weight?
          why not? It's four pounds.

Comment

it might not make business sense to Arces handlers to fight Donaire, but almost all professional fighters have been fighting since they were little kids, nothing that happens inside the ring "scares" them, especially a veteran of over 60 professional fights like Arce.

Comment

Arce never got a title at 118; so to be the first Mexican boxer to get titles in not only 4, but 5 weight classes, he vacated his title at 122 and moved back to 118 for a shot at Donaire's recently vacant title against an opponent he had already dominated. Top Rank is great at manuevering these fighters; they are about to have 2 fighters trade titles in different weight classes.

Arum has repeatedly stated that Arce will face Donaire in the summer in the Phillippines.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                why not? It's four pounds.
                It doesn't make any sense at all. Why take a tune up fight at a lower fight and lose your world title at the same time? That's stupid.

Arce may be scared, after seeing what happened to his fellow mexican buddy Fernando Montiel.

Comment

He is 5-0-1 (5 KO's) above 118 and he has Vasquez' belt and then he goes back to bantamweight just about the time Donaire climbs up to 122. I mean, WTF? The Donaire-Arce is a huge fight, I don't see a reason why he didn't want that unless he is scared of him.

thoughts?
                  Isn't that motherf@cker old already? he probably has like 60 plus fights by now, i would honestly rather see Donaire with/Rigondeaux, FAR more significant. Arce does pour his heart out when he fights, which could make it interesting.

Comment

It doesn't make any sense at all. Why take a tune up fight at a lower fight and lose your world title at the same time? That's stupid.

Arce may be scared, after seeing what happened to his fellow mexican buddy Fernando Montiel.
                    See QUELOQUE's post.

But really four pounds is nothing to do these guys man. It's not like moving up/down from Middleweight to super middleweight or something like that. Four pounds is really nothing for arce.

Comment

Working...
                    X