Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people here love Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Im f@ckin massive at 140" lol Thats a classic!!

Comment

TS, u are a moron! FMJ and Pac are the only elite fighters he's faced?!? Ever heard of KOSTYA TSZYU, LUIS COLLAZO or JOSE LUIS CASTILLO?? Lazcano and Malignaggi are also elite, tho some say Lazcano was already past prime when Ricky kicked his butt. And no matter what one might say about his fight with Collazo, it WAS very close BUT Ricky still won. I had him winning by 2 points personally. Its because he got wobbled in the last 2 rounds that people think he LOST, but thats bs. Tyson got shaken by Bonecrusher in the last round, does that mean he deserved to lose that fight??

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
        I'll always knock him for his being unprofessional. I've heard he drank six pints of beer a day DURING training camp.
        You didn't hear that, you just made it up.

Comment

People need to stop comparing every single fighter to the likes to Mayweather and Pacquiao, we wont have fighters of their standard for a long time. Dont knock Hattons resume, did it ever occur to you that maybe some fighters need to fight limited level fighters in order to gain ring experience/keep them in fighting shape rather than for padding out a resume?

Comment

Originally posted by Water View Post
            Ricky Hatton had a good career. He is a true Englishman, and had a great sense of humour, and in general is a nice guy. He may have been outclassed and knocked-out in spectacular fashion, but he still got in there with 2 ATG's, along with beating some good fighters. Ricky is more of an overachiever, but did have his moments in there, let's not discredit him.

Seriously though, English or non - English, How can you not this man? He is an all round top bloke, Ricky is the type who'd sit down and have a pint with you. Ricky will always be remembered as the biggest character in British Boxing who had a successful career.

Long live Ricky, he is a top bloke.
            Couldn't agree more. Ricky is a top bloke and is always up for a laugh. Unless your English, I doubt many will ever understand why Ricky was so popular..

Comment

I love the classic trolling pattern here. It starts with

"I don't know why so many people rated him so highly - the two times he genuinely stepped up in class he was outclassed in every way, so what's the appeal and why was he rated so highly?"

and ends up

"He's a bum and a ****sexual who rapes kittens and plays the accordion. His favourite book is Mein Kampf and his favourite film is just a home video of an innocent puppy being beaten to death. What an inhuman MONSTER! Unlike Floyd whose **** tastes OSSUM!"

Comment

Originally posted by VolumePuncher View Post
                Thread starter didn't get anything done to him, to the person who posted something like that above. I asked a question, it's a message board, relax.

Fact is, Ricky Hatton is a good fighter but far from what I've seen people say he is both on here and other places online. He beat up a bunch of clowns that no one's ever heard of in Britain and earned himself a few big pay days against elite guys, both of which he was embarrassed in.

As far as him being an action fighter who consistently entertains people, I understand that angle and I won't argue against it. My argument is not against those who enjoy watching him fight, it's with the people that elevate him to an elite level that I don't think he does or ever deserves to be on.

Dude, pacquiao embarrasses EVERYONE he fights. Floyd also makes people look pretty foolish who try to engage him.

Comment

Collazo ****ed him up too. He got a gift decision.

Comment

People loved Ricky for his great lines.. even after He retired.

Comment

A larger question. I have never understood why people seem to like Ricky Hatton so much. In the interviews I’ve seen, he never seems personable, pleasant, or humble. Yet working class British fans adored him as if he were some sort of working class Messiah. I don’t see the appeal.

Maybe there is some part of him that I haven’t seen, having only watched him during fight build ups?

Comment

Working...
                      X