Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there has ever been one fighter who never got dropped amature, sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think there has ever been one fighter who never got dropped amature, sparring

And pro fights?

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
    And pro fights?
    Valuev?

That's just guessing though. Guy has the best chin I've ever seen.

Comment

A full career is bound to have atleast 1 knockdown. But I heard Chagaev was never dropped amateur or pro before he fought Wlad.

Comment

It's certainly been claimed. George Chuvalo claims to have never been down, sparring or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
          A full career is bound to have atleast 1 knockdown. But I heard Chagaev was never dropped amateur or pro before he fought Wlad.
          Friday Ahunanya supposedly knocked down Chagaev in sparring.

McCall might be one, although he has quit sparring sessions/fights. Never been down as a pro and claimed to have never been knocked down by Tyson in numerous sparring sessions.
          Last edited by TheGreatA; 06-26-2009, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Tua???? Just a guess... I think he may have been down as a pro though... Once again, I'm not 100%, but I think he was down against Samson P'huoa in an early career barnstormer..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              Tua???? Just a guess... I think he may have been down as a pro though... Once again, I'm not 100%, but I think he was down against Samson P'huoa in an early career barnstormer..
              Indeed Tua does have a remarkable chin, but he has been knocked down. He was stopped in 1 round by legendary Cuban Felix Savon in the 1991 Amature World Championships and Hasim Rahman knocked Tua down in there second fight in 2003, while they exchanged after the bell.

1991 World Championships Felix Savon vs. David Tua

Comment

chuvalo probably

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
                  Indeed Tua does have a remarkable chin, but he has been knocked down. He was stopped in 1 round by legendary Cuban Felix Savon in the 1991 Amature World Championships and Hasim Rahman knocked Tua down in there second fight in 2003, while they exchanged after the bell.

1991 World Championships Felix Savon vs. David Tua
                  Thanks 16BF for the info and vid..
                  Hadn't seen that before.. Jeeez, Tua looked tiny (compared to now) walking onto that right hook.. Wonder what Savon would'a done as a pro.. He looked so much bigger than Tua.. I think he could'a give Lewis & Bowe nightmares.. I'm not too clued up on the amateur game.. Did Lewis or Bowe ever face Savon?

Comment

Savon was a grown man beating kids to be fair. I think in some of his losses, he was stopped. The amatuers are obviously a lot different than the pros anyway.

As for the question: definitely McCall. Some others may not have actually been dropped, but if they're badly hurt and stopped on their feet, it doesn't compare with the likes of McCall. No way.

Comment

Working...
                    X