Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly id rather watch Floyd vs Matthyse instead of Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Matthysse really wants it, which he hasn't expressed any interest in a Floyd fight, then he should come up to 147 beat a couple of guys like at least Malignaggi for starters, there's Ortiz, there's Maidana, there's his countryman Abregu. Beat a couple of these guys, then call out Floyd and see if you could get him in 2014 after Floyd has fought Guerrero and Canelo, who are both better/more dangerous fighters than Matthysse. I don't even see Matthysse getting past Garcia or Peterson if he fights them. Let alone Victor Ortiz. A win over Ortiz would definitely create a lot of buzz for Matthysse like it did for Lopez, but I don't see Matthysse beating Ortiz, Peterson, or Garcia. Way over hyped for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      If Matthysse really wants it, which he hasn't expressed any interest in a Floyd fight, then he should come up to 147 beat a couple of guys like at least Malignaggi for starters, there's Ortiz, there's Maidana, there's his countryman Abregu. Beat a couple of these guys, then call out Floyd and see if you could get him in 2014 after Floyd has fought Guerrero and Canelo, who are both better/more dangerous fighters than Matthysse. I don't even see Matthysse getting past Garcia or Peterson if he fights them. Let alone Victor Ortiz. A win over Ortiz would definitely create a lot of buzz for Matthysse like it did for Lopez, but I don't see Matthysse beating Ortiz, Peterson, or Garcia. Way over hyped for no reason.
      great post

Comment

It won't matter because Floyd is going to lose to Guerrero.

Comment

I just completely disagree. Lucas has done alot in just a few years on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            can't think of any decent name Lucas Mathyesse beat Soto is the closest thing to name opponent he has W over

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              i agree. In a short time he has accomplished a pretty good bit. Maybe not as much as he would have like to, but surely nothing to frown on!

Comment

I think Matthysee is a good fighter but he's certainly overrated by a small following.

Although I felt he beat Judah, it was a relatively close fight. Judah certainly had his moments in the fight and was in it.

If Matthysse is such a beast that would stop Mayweather and stop Pacquaio and beat anyone from 140-147 then you would think he would be able to get a passed prime Judah out of there, wouldn't you?

I'd like to see Matthysse-Bradley. I think that's a good fight.

I think Matthysse, Bradley and Guererro are the best 3 fighters between 140-147 outside of Mayweather, Pacquaio and Marquez at this certain point in time.

Comment

Guerrero beats Matthysse. That's the funny part. And it's not even about who could beat who out of Floyd's opponents, Guerrero has more skill and actually has 2 wins at WW while Matthysse has none.

People will then say, "Well Floyd just beat a guy who was coming up in weight[Ricky Hatton], and anyway he lost to Zab Judah now that I think about it".

Sorry but if Floyd's win over Ricky Hatton at 147 was discredited by his critics, despite Hatton being a former WW champion already, then I don't see how Floyd gets credit for embarrassing, outclassing, and absolutely toying with a worst fighter in Lucas Matthysse. Where Hatton was in his career and who he was in his career in 2007 and the hype he had, was the hype Matthysse has now on steroids. EVERYbody wanted to see that fight, i've seen just a couple of people, a couple of whispers here and there in NSB mentioning Mayweather vs Matthysse. And these people say other highly delusional things about Matthysse.
                  This ^^^^^

Always fun to see someone on this site for a long time who knows how it's working in here

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                    Cuz at least Matthyse has a punchers chance, and he has dropped every opponent he has ever faced.
                    Just how is guerrero gonna beat mayweather? the guy couldnt even finish a blind berto and there is no way he wins a decision, guerrero could be an akward tricky opponent but he has no way of beating floyd.
                    Every fighter has a punchers chance. Re watch mathysse vs Judah and Alexander.

Also if mathysse moved up to fight Floyd, Floyd would easily beat him then the haters will claim Lucas wasnt adjusted to the weight.
                    Last edited by Ve Ri Tas; 02-23-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      I'm saying man. So now mike Dallas Jr. is the gatekeeper to Mayweather instead of Berto.

Let these mother****ers at 140 prove themselves. None of them deserve a Floyd fight. They need to fight each other.
                      It's getting out of hand. Matthysse has a better chance at getting Gatti'd than Guerrero does. I'm not even sure Matty beats Guerrero, actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X