Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will take the 147 throne when Mayweather retires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will take the 147 throne when Mayweather retires?

Amir Khan
    Kell Brook
    Adrien Broner
    Danny Garcia
    Timothy Bradley
    Brandon Rios
    Lucas Matthysse
    Devon Alexander
    Robert Guerrero
    Another fighter

*List includes boxers at 135/140 who will likely transition to 147. Also assumes Marquez will retire before Mayweather.
    Amir Khan
    0.00%
    Kell Brook
    4.55%
    Adrien Broner
    27.27%
    Danny Garcia
    0.00%
    Timothy Bradley
    22.73%
    Brandon Rios
    0.00%
    Lucas Matthysse
    22.73%
    Devon Alexander
    0.00%
    Robert Guerrero
    0.00%
    Another fighter
    22.73%

Probably Broner or Matthysse.

Comment

It just becomes a competitive division with no one truly dominating. Bradley is probably the most complete fighter of the ones mentioned on the list.

Comment

Keith Thurman~

Comment

So far it looks like Broner or Matthysse.

Comment

Lucassssss

Comment

It's hard to say. It's possible a welterweight will beat him before he retires. I voted another fighter. There could be a really good welterweight coming up that is not on your list yet. I have nobody in mind, just faith in the future of the historically strong welterweight division. Of the fighters you listed I like Matthysse the best to take over if he moves to 147. I also like Guerrero, Bradley, or Brook to possible be the best at welterweight as they all seem very good. Broner is very good but only a lightweight. Alexander does not seem to have the determination and will power to rule the welterweights but the Brook fight should show if he has what it take. I don't think Khan's chin will hold up so I give him no chance to be the boss at 147. Rios is to easy to hit to rule the welterweights. Garcia is not quite good enough to dominate at 147.

Comment

my guess is matthysse, the guy weighed like a middleweight in his last fight. broner's limit is pretty much facing a 140 fighter

Comment

Broner or victor ortiz

Comment

Working...
                  X