No announcement yet.

Armstrong vs. a Mover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armstrong vs. a Mover

Is there any (watchable) footage of Armstrong vs. a great outside fighter? I want to see how great he was at cutting off the ring.

I would by no means say Ross was an out and out mover but, he tries here.

Comment

Some good footage there..

Not taking anything away from Armstrong's greatness, but he looks pretty dangerous with the head in this one.. Noticed the odd rabbit punch going in there aswell.. Just goes to show how much tougher the game was back then..

Comment

Ross wasn't much of a mover either. He didn't try to in that vid very much really. I think he thought he could outfight him like he did most of his guys with smart counters.

Comment

Thanks, man, but I'm looking for more of a flat-out runner. Ross dances around a little bit but when push comes to shove, he's right there in the trenches. Do you know if there's any such footage?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            Thanks, man, but I'm looking for more of a flat-out runner. Ross dances around a little bit but when push comes to shove, he's right there in the trenches. Do you know if there's any such footage?
            I had a little look and this is the best I could find.

The first half minute or so of this fight.

Running wasn't as popular back in the 40's and 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              I had a little look and this is the best I could find.

The first half minute or so of this fight.

Running wasn't as popular back in the 40's and 50's.
              Thanks man! I really appreciate you looking.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                Thing is, most out and out movers were usually booed out of the ring in those days,, punters expected a war and usually got it, a fighter had to fight hard to become popular, and those who weren't popular went hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  Thing is, most out and out movers were usually booed out of the ring in those days,, punters expected a war and usually got it, a fighter had to fight hard to become popular, and those who weren't popular went hungry.
                  I often wish that were still the case. That's the problem with the sport these days, too much running. Boxing needs more guys like Pacquiao and Cotto these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    I often wish that were still the case. That's the problem with the sport these days, too much running. Boxing needs more guys like Pacquiao and Cotto these days.
                    Yep, and thats one reason I do not understand why there is so much anti-Paquiao feeling around, I suppose its because he's not an american or a Brit, something this Aussie can relate to, one thing about Aussie fighters,, the vast majority do not showboat or boast, because if they do,, the whole country watches with glee when they finally get dismantled by some non Aussie fighter,, we would rather watch a George Barnes than an Anthony Mundine any day of the week... RIP Barnesy

Comment

Working...
                    X