No announcement yet.

Yamma Pit Fighting- AMAZING event-

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamma Pit Fighting- AMAZING event-

hey guys, i covered the Yamma Pit Fighting event this past week and i had a wonderful time- when i get some sleep ill post more!

some quickies-

*pat smith was a BEAST, he put on an incredible performance-
    *Olegs knee bar was insane
    *Mark Coleman isnt that big
    *The girls love George Bush
    *The last fight was incredible
    *Ricco was in about the best shape hes been in for the last 4-5 years

more later

i am surprised you thought the event was good i was there last night and i thought it was terrible. there was no good fights and the setup of the ring is horrible you can not see at all.. i dno if it was because the taj mahal has never hosted an event like that and didnt no how to set it up or what but i think they event overall was horrible

Comment

I ordered it also. not the top level fighters but pretty decent event. that ***it announcer needs to get lost tho. wtf is wrong with him. scot farrel serioulsy sounds like a fukin retarted cartoon character the fuker ruined the whole event for me.

I wonder what those guys got payed for fighting 3 times and the superfight.

Comment

I thought it was dog **** but to each his own.

Oh yeah I did not pay for it or I would be real pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by zubi29 View Post
          i am surprised you thought the event was good i was there last night and i thought it was terrible. there was no good fights and the setup of the ring is horrible you can not see at all.. i dno if it was because the taj mahal has never hosted an event like that and didnt no how to set it up or what but i think they event overall was horrible
          i don't remember hearing one person complain during/after the event of the fights not being "good"....the first fight-prelim ended in a brutal knock out with i think set the night off great followed by an amazing almost comeback last fight with travis and chris! i was seated at the press seats and had a pretty good view of everything up until the fight hit the ground - they hosted a couple of m-1 events along with ufc, and IfL in that arena-

i honestly don't see a "one night tournament" go on with it not getting any kind of criticism- the main controversy is the fighters fight too much (where they wont have enough gas) or they didn't fight enough! I liked the idea of it, but i disagree with counting the first 2 fights as professional fights and win/losses on their records!

I do like the entire concept of the slope- i think if fighters evolve with it, they could easily counter/sweep/escape the bottom with it and use it as a tool! tons of the fighters afterwards said they should have trained more in the ring!

Originally posted by lillb View Post
          I ordered it also. not the top level fighters but pretty decent event. that ***it announcer needs to get lost tho. wtf is wrong with him. scot farrel serioulsy sounds like a fukin retarted cartoon character the fuker ruined the whole event for me.

I wonder what those guys got payed for fighting 3 times and the superfight.
          i do agree with the announcer sounding horrible- it was worse live-- hopefully he doesnt come back, his normal voice didn't sound anything like that!

Comment

I think it was awsome-

the two preliminary fights were great- the first with a huge KNock Out- and the second almost ending in an TKO (after coming back from an entire round of GnP)

Alexey Oleinik seemed to be an amazing fighter- his submission was very very smooth- i see him making a run at 205 and beating some big names- his entire attitude towards fighting was very calm and i picked him in winning it all- ill put money on him in any 3 round fight in the future- hes a great prospect!

Ricco/Bush was an amazing fight- they were throwing huge bombs- bush wasn't letting down and ricco was way too good to back down to the challenge! ricco threw some great body kicks after a clinch break up which i haven't scene before! i wished this was a 3 rounder- they would have killed each other!

travis was a beast and seemed to be in the best shape of his life- he really wanted to win- his win over marcelo pererira ( who was un deafted at the time/chute box fighter also) was impressive in a way where he escaped every submission attempt!
            travis/ricco was a real barn burner- lol the fight went all over the place - there honestly wasn't a real winner of the fight- it was real close up until the last minute when travis turned it on and took him down at will!
            travis/chris- the final fight- 3 rounds- was great, the first round was all travis- he took him down at will and punished him standing, dropping him twice with huge hooks! the second round, chris controlled the fight standing along with landing a few shots of his own! the third was amazing- chris did whatever it took to win, and travis wasn't letting up!
            you could see in both their eyes that they both really wanted to win- it was literally punch after big punch the last minute- travis landed a huge combo- only followed by chris throwing a combo of his own - chasing and almost knocking travis down last as the round ended! the entire crowd was on its feet!

butterbean/pat smith was a great fight- pat smith looked better in this fight than he ever did in his entire career- he put on a striking clinic and landed everything he threw! after the fight- i spoke to pat smith and he told me everything butterbean threw had knock out power written all over it- he was shocked that he didn't gas earlier because those right hands would have knocked anyone out!
            i would love to see pat smith go at it again- his striking seemed top notch!

oleg/kerr was def. a crowd fav.- oleg trains those leg locks everyday from what he told me and it showed- kerr had no chance once it hit the ground...the execution was simply amazing- he sweeped, faked one leg, caught the other!

great night of fights- everyone wanted to win- no one was there for a simple pay check!
            Last edited by Atnan; 04-12-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I wasnt there but I herd it was trash also with a gay "ring" or watever you call that. I'm glad Oleg won tho, I really miss the old UFC

Comment

Originally posted by Atnan View Post
                I think it was awsome-

the two preliminary fights were great- the first with a huge KNock Out- and the second almost ending in an TKO (after coming back from an entire round of GnP)

Alexey Oleinik seemed to be an amazing fighter- his submission was very very smooth- i see him making a run at 205 and beating some big names- his entire attitude towards fighting was very calm and i picked him in winning it all- ill put money on him in any 3 round fight in the future- hes a great prospect!

Ricco/Bush was an amazing fight- they were throwing huge bombs- bush wasn't letting down and ricco was way too good to back down to the challenge! ricco threw some great body kicks after a clinch break up which i haven't scene before! i wished this was a 3 rounder- they would have killed each other!

travis was a beast and seemed to be in the best shape of his life- he really wanted to win- his win over marcelo pererira ( who was un deafted at the time/chute box fighter also) was impressive in a way where he escaped every submission attempt!
                travis/ricco was a real barn burner- lol the fight went all over the place - there honestly wasn't a real winner of the fight- it was real close up until the last minute when travis turned it on and took him down at will!
                travis/chris- the final fight- 3 rounds- was great, the first round was all travis- he took him down at will and punished him standing, dropping him twice with huge hooks! the second round, chris controlled the fight standing along with landing a few shots of his own! the third was amazing- chris did whatever it took to win, and travis wasn't letting up!
                you could see in both their eyes that they both really wanted to win- it was literally punch after big punch the last minute- travis landed a huge combo- only followed by chris throwing a combo of his own - chasing and almost knocking travis down last as the round ended! the entire crowd was on its feet!

butterbean/pat smith was a great fight- pat smith looked better in this fight than he ever did in his entire career- he put on a striking clinic and landed everything he threw! after the fight- i spoke to pat smith and he told me everything butterbean threw had knock out power written all over it- he was shocked that he didn't gas earlier because those right hands would have knocked anyone out!
                i would love to see pat smith go at it again- his striking seemed top notch!

oleg/kerr was def. a crowd fav.- oleg trains those leg locks everyday from what he told me and it showed- kerr had no chance once it hit the ground...the execution was simply amazing- he sweeped, faked one leg, caught the other!

great night of fights- everyone wanted to win- no one was there for a simple pay check!

you should work for YAMMA's PR department

Comment

Originally posted by the giant one View Post
                  you should work for YAMMA's PR department
                  thats if they have another show- lol

Comment

Most MMA sites are saying it was not a very good show.

Comment

Working...
                    X