No announcement yet.

Fitness instruction level 2 course

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness instruction level 2 course

I'm starting this course in September. How difficult is it? Reason i ask is because i have not done the level 1. One of my friends is a personal trainer and he says he didn't do his level 1 so it must be possible. I have been working out for years so i know a few things.

If anyone knows anything good i could read to prepare me i would greatly appreciate it.

Remember anything from PE when you were at school?

Like muscle atrophy etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
      Remember anything from PE when you were at school?

Like muscle atrophy etc.
      No not really...

Comment

Originally posted by OG Keown View Post
        No not really...
        Get some books or read up on it.

Like how muscles work, what they release, skeleton, types of PEDs, types of circuits, how foods work etc.

I remember stuff like mesomorph, body types etc.

Comment

I have been reading like crazy the last day or so and here are some notes i have come up with so far.

If someone could read over it and tell me if i have got something wrong or something i could add in more detail please do so.

Muscles are the "engine" that the body uses to propel itself, they turn energy into motion.

Skeletel muscle - The muscle we see and feel. Muscle builders work their skeletel muscle.
          These muscles usually conract voluntarily, you think about contracting them and nervous
          system tells the skeletel muscle to do so.

Smooth muscle - Found in digestive system, blood vessels, bladder, airways and uterus
          (female). Has ability to stretch and maintain tension for long periods of time. Conracts
          involuntary, nervous system controls smooth muscle.

Cardiac muscle - only found in your heart. Big feature is endurance and consistency.
          Stretches in a limited way. Like smooth muscle it is involuntary, the nervous system
          controls it.

Skeletel muscle details.

Also called striated muscle as when viewed under polarized light or stained with an
          indicator, you can see alternating stripes of light and dark.

Has complex structure, essential to how it conracts.

Contraction is basic action of any muscle. When thinking about moving your arm or bicep,
          your brain sends a signal down a nerve cell telling your bicep muscle to contract. Amount of
          muscle force varies, can contract a little or alot depending on the signal that the nerve
          sends. All any muscle can do is create contraction force.

Muscle is a bundle of many cells called fibers. Muscle fibers are like long cylinders,
          compared to other cells in your body muscle fibers are quite big. About 1 to 40 microns
          long and 10 to 100 in diameter. In comparison a strand of hair around 100 microns in
          diameter and typical cell in body is around 10 microns in diameter.

Micron- A metric unit of length equal to one millionth of a meter.

A muscle contains many myofibrils, which are cylinders of muscle proteins. These proteins
          allow a muscle to contract. Myofibrils contain two types of filaments that run along the
          axis of the fiber, filaments arranged in hexagonal patterns. There are thick and thin
          filaments. Each thick filament is surrounded by six thin filaments.

Myofbrils composed of long proteins such as actin, myosin and titin and other proteins that
          hold them together.

Thick and thin filaments attached to another structure called the z-disk or z-line, which
          runs perpendicular to the long axis of the fiber (the myofibril that runs from one z-line
          to another is called a sarcomere). Running vertically down the z-line is a small tube called
          the transverse or t-tubule, which is actually part of the cell membrane that extends deep
          inside the fiber. Inside the fiber, stretching along the long axis between t-tubules is a
          membrane system called the sarcoplasmic reiculum, which stores and releases the calcium
          ions that trigger muscle contracion.

Comment

I'm a Personal Trainer and I skipped Level 1 and went straight to Level 2 also and to be honest mate It's pretty difficult to fail.

Unless it's changed since I did it which was a long time ago, but that's doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I'm a Personal Trainer and I skipped Level 1 and went straight to Level 2 also and to be honest mate It's pretty difficult to fail.

Unless it's changed since I did it which was a long time ago, but that's doubtful.
              Really? What was your previous knowledge like tough? How old was you?

Comment

Originally posted by OG Keown View Post
                Really? What was your previous knowledge like tough? How old was you?
                My knowledge was pretty basic when I started my level 2 to be honest.

I can't remember how old I was I think I was 16 when I did my level 2. (which was a long time ago )

I wouldn't get into any bother, mate. From what I remember it was an easy course.

Comment

Working...
                X