No announcement yet.

What was up with Mairis Briedis anyway?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Briedis was my pick to win the CW WBSS 2.0 but after that performance I’m not so sure
    Agreed. I might go with Glowacki.

Comment

He said post fight he was injured in the lead up to the fight and lost months of training (it was broken English but something like “normally 3 months, only 1” was said)

I thought he lost pretty clearly. Shame for the underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        He didn't fight to the level of his competition last night, he legit struggled. Like DeGale. Rumors of him being injured or having issues with his trainer. Anybody know?

I might give Glowacki a good shot at beating him.
        Good point. Something's the matter with Mairis. I think he was a far cry from the fighter that gave Usyk a hard time. There were a couple occasions when Usyk look shattered against this guy. I'd put it down to fitness.

Comment

Following up the Reddit info from Vegemil above:

https://www.reddit.com/user/LVkristofers/

Seems like issues with his training, his coach and maybe his ego if this is to be believed. Although if he's rubbed this dude up the wrong way it could all be BS. Who knows?

Kleins held Briedis in a very tight schedule, briedis was kept conpletely isated from everyone. Kleins fed him, trained him non stop, he had a completely different attitude. Briedis’ new coach is not an authority for Briedis himself, briedis himself is pretty full of himself now, he talks back all the time, and there is also no tight schedule, so I wouldn’t call this professional boxing

Well, according to Kleins, Briedis' attitude changed after a fight with Huck. He also said this is the reason they don't work anymore. So not sure if that's a coach issue really.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 11-13-2018, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Looks like Glowacki will give Briedis career ending beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Following up the Reddit info from Vegemil above:

https://www.reddit.com/user/LVkristofers/

Seems like issues with his training, his coach and maybe his ego if this is to be believed. Although if he's rubbed this dude up the wrong way it could all be BS. Who knows?
              Hmmm.... Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                He said post fight he was injured in the lead up to the fight and lost months of training (it was broken English but something like “normally 3 months, only 1” was said)

I thought he lost pretty clearly. Shame for the underdog.
                Yeah that’s twice Gevor has been on the wrong end of a decision on the road, I thought he beat Wlodarczyk in Poland as well

Comment

Agreed. I might go with Glowacki.
                  I might roll with Dorticos, mainly cause I like his style, him vs Glowacki would be a very exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    I might roll with Dorticos, mainly cause I like his style, him vs Glowacki would be a very exciting fight.
                    Maybe. Dorticos is like the sloppiest Cuban ever though.

Comment

Maybe. Dorticos is like the sloppiest Cuban ever though.
                      He’s kill or be killed, I’m hoping he gets to Tabiti early on or I could see him getting outboxed

Comment

Working...
                      X