Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no fight footage of Harry Greb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there no fight footage of Harry Greb?

He had over 200 fights. Seems like at least some of them would have been filmed, especially since there is footage of boxers that were active before he came on the scene. Like Joe Gans for example.

Did some collector buy it all up and hoard it away?

Harry Greb never existed man. It's all in your head like some kind of "fight club" drill.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
      Harry Greb never existed man. It's all in your head like some kind of "fight club" drill.
      Of course he existed. I just find it peculiar that no film of his fights has ever been found.

Comment

He was an alien from another planet & the CIA destroyed all tapes of his fights once they found out.

Comment

Very odd, no video of his fights, but he did 3 interviews with Radio Rahim

Comment

There are plenty of films of him training but The highlights of his fighting career came long before TV started showing boxing. For example, Gillette Cavalcade of Sports, which showed plenty of boxing and many of the classic fights we can access today, started 20 years after Greb passed away. Previous to that, most matches were on 8mm films.

Comment

- -Greb was so fleet of foot and hand that film technology could not capture him on film any more than they could capture a phantom, thus the film erased for use of more conventional fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                He was an alien from another planet & the CIA destroyed all tapes of his fights once they found out.
                Greb was really Elvis and he is still alive.

Comment

It's confirmed a few of his fights were filmed. The guy who wrote the last book on Greb said he found sparring footage of Dempsey on a day he sparred Greb and also found a fight of Mickey Walker's from a month after (or before I forget) and another fight too which I forget of an opponent Greb fought so got very close a few times to tracking fights down.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    It's confirmed a few of his fights were filmed. The guy who wrote the last book on Greb said he found sparring footage of Dempsey on a day he sparred Greb and also found a fight of Mickey Walker's from a month after (or before I forget) and another fight too which I forget of an opponent Greb fought so got very close a few times to tracking fights down.
                    Maybe they will turn up in someone's attic someday. Or at some yard sale.

Comment

Working...
                    X