No announcement yet.

what to do ? I need opinions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do ? I need opinions

Today I sparred for the second day in a row. Yesterday I sparred a ex pro guy for like the 5th time and did very well. Today I sparred a amature who has some fights under his belt. Currently I have no fights under my belt just sparring and getting in shape for the fall season. My discrepancy is that my coach has me sparring his pride and joy today and I work him to the corner and start to give him a couple body shots and the guy starts crying how he cant move etc.. The coach yells at me and says from now on you can only jab. Im like fine ok. From that point im just jabbing and work him to the ropes and just am jabbing him and the coach bitches me out and then the kid nails me in the face 3 times and then the coach goes ok sparring over after I got clocked after the bell. I know im not in a real fight but damn I feel thrown under the bus. I am the most dedicated athlete my coach has but lets his kid nail me then I get bitched at and on top of that I can hit the kid without him crying and coach yelling. I am so mad I wanna quit. What to do any opinions. Theres another gym across the way I could go to . Sorry for the super long post I am furious and feel betrayed.

I've been thrown under the bus to a trainer's favorite quite a few times.
    Some options are:
    Sit down and talk with your current trainer
    Get a new trainer
    Take responsibility for your own training & realize that you don't need a cheering section.

If you do number 3, I'd recommend treating that kid like he's from another gym.
    He's gonna try to use you to make himself look good and your coach is going to be all about it; so the best thing you can do is not let him do what he wants to do.
    Take your trainer's technique advice, but make your workouts harder than his and make sure you're a better fighter than his golden boy.
    The more coddled some of these prodigies are in the gym, the less they tend to stick around.

Comment

I cant talk to him because he just says I suck because he is the boss etc. The guy acts like hes my best friend when its just me at the gym but when this other dude shows hes the king **** and everyone else is his peasants. I take criticism I listen I do everything he wants but this was ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
        I've been thrown under the bus to a trainer's favorite quite a few times.
        Some options are:
        Sit down and talk with your current trainer
        Get a new trainer
        Take responsibility for your own training & realize that you don't need a cheering section.

If you do number 3, I'd recommend treating that kid like he's from another gym.
        He's gonna try to use you to make himself look good and your coach is going to be all about it; so the best thing you can do is not let him do what he wants to do.
        Take your trainer's technique advice, but make your workouts harder than his and make sure you're a better fighter than his golden boy.
        The more coddled some of these prodigies are in the gym, the less they tend to stick around.
        thats really good advice ...

i like the 1 choices.. thats like the road to surviving in a gym no matter how bad it may be

Comment

Kind of off-topic....Do you play halo3 I just played with some dude named ice man 55 lol.

Comment

Working...
          X