Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido Livid: Garcia's Corner Was Ready To Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
    García was winning BIG & had won almost all the rounds they fought, but Salido was coming on & going for broke(he has doo or die warrior attitude) but the way García's corner decided to stop the fight & go to the cards left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, especially the one's that were rooting for Salido(like Me).. But can't blame them since it was obvious they were ahead on all cards & ¿why risk further damage?.. Plus Mickey wasn't too thrilled by the way the fight ended.. Now the question is¿Would Gacía & his corner had continued if it was caused by a punch or if it was close fight or if Salido was ahead? Cause this is boxing & there's a good chance he could get his nose broken again & the next time it could be by a punch..
    I thought Mikey should n could of continue with the broken nose, i didnt like how they were satisfied with the win like that, but they had that choice n it was the smartest choice hopefully there is a rematch, Salido is tougher n throws punches all night so nobody knows what could of happen later, but he looked more wreckless n i think he would of got dropped again n again

Comment

Orlando Livid ????

He ought to be happy he wasn't KO'd

I haven't seen a onesided fight like that with all the whistles and bells in a long time.

I did believe Mikey could do that

I DO believe Mikey will one day be in the P4P running

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
        García was winning BIG & had won almost all the rounds they fought, but Salido was coming on & going for broke(he has doo or die warrior attitude) but the way García's corner decided to stop the fight & go to the cards left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, especially the one's that were rooting for Salido(like Me).. But can't blame them since it was obvious they were ahead on all cards & ¿why risk further damage?.. Plus Mickey wasn't too thrilled by the way the fight ended.. Now the question is¿Would Gacía & his corner had continued if it was caused by a punch or if it was close fight or if Salido was ahead? Cause this is boxing & there's a good chance he could get his nose broken again & the next time it could be by a punch..
        Had the nose break been caused by a punch, Mikey would have continued because had he not, he would have lost.

Comment

[QUOTE=jsfd26;12935657]Gave up? Wanna explain? He kept on coming and started finding himself some success as the fight went on.

As for Salido, don't worry bro you can at least sleep at night knowing you came to fight. Probably can't say the same about Garcia. He came to hug cause he got no inside game and to quit.

QUIT ??? Come on mang !!

What in the world would make MIKEY want to QUIT???

Salido was getting beat to death and humiliated mang

Plus Mikey has the best corner proving it by last year ! Beat Roach out !

Salido did come to fight or to the fight I should say but was

DISMANTLED MANG

Comment

I think Salido is just trying to secure a rematch with those remarks. I'm sure he'll get one and get his ass kicked again.

Comment

Salido get's it even worse during the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                I thought Mikey should n could of continue with the broken nose, i didnt like how they were satisfied with the win like that, but they had that choice n it was the smartest choice hopefully there is a rematch, Salido is tougher n throws punches all night so nobody knows what could of happen later, but he looked more wreckless n i think he would of got dropped again n again
                I agree, but it was no surprise that Salio would get dropped since he got dropped by Juanma before they pummled each other & he sent Juanma to "oblivion" & in his fight before his 2nd fight against Juanma, against unknown Philippino Weng Haya he was hurt badly(he had spaghetti legs) & was dropped in 2 different rounds before he dispatched Haya 4 rounds later.. So one could never count Salido out & I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an interesting rematch...

Comment

The going was getting tough, it was very apparent. Salido was landing more punches. Things were heating up and Garcia wanted out.

Comment

Salido got ****ing dominated and dropped 4 times. Gimme a damn break. Hes just trying to get an undeserved rematch and his headbutt was on purpose. **** em.

Comment

I think it's valid to say Salido was coming on a bit. It didn't look like Garcia was in any real danger of losing. Rather than deal with a tough old man down the stretch, the guaranteed win card was played. The headbutt looked incidental to me, but it opened up a chance to go home early with a sure win.

For those who say the doctor stopped it, yes, technically, but there was no argument from the corner. Doctors are regularly influenced by fighters saying they can go on. It was a broken nose. They happen so often as to be a normal occupational hazard.

If the fight had been close, or Garcia losing, would his corner have been cool with stopping there? Let's guess a highly likely no. If he could go on, he should have. Heck, Garcia himself said he should have gone on.

It wasn't inherently a quit. It was just a lame easy out.

Comment

Working...
                      X