Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits harder? Marg, Cotto, Clottey, Matthyse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miguel Cotto.

Comment

Plasterrito hits the hardest with his cement, without hit he has pillow hands.

I would have to say Matthysse has the most power.

Comment

No idea really & there is different types of power.

I'd say Cotto/Clottey was more of a thudding type of punch whilst Margaritos is more a stinging type of shot. Not sure about Matthysse though hes knocked out 29 of 33 & dropped the granite chinned Alexander and Soto so he can obviously hit very hard.

Probably best off asking Chop Chop Corley or somebody.

Comment

P4P it's Cotto, he hit harder at 140 than Lucas does. Margarito hasn't even stunned an opponent without his bricks so he's last...

Cotto/Mattyse/Clottey/Marg's.

Comment

Look at it this way, which of those guys could actually put Soto down with 1-2 shots? Only Matthyse can.

When is the last time the other 3 significantly hurt someone?

Soto had never even been on the ground. I have no idea why people are saying Marg, he cant hurt anyone with one punch. Cotto is the only close one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
              Look at it this way, which of those guys could actually put Soto down with 1-2 shots? Only Matthyse can.

When is the last time the other 3 significantly hurt someone?

Soto had never even been on the ground. I have no idea why people are saying Marg, he cant hurt anyone with one punch. Cotto is the only close one.
              Mattyse didn't hurt him with one punch either... he bombarded him for 5 rounds and Cotto dropped Mayogra last year. Not saying it's some great move but Mattyse isn't putting any 154 pounder on his ass. Cotto beat Quintana/Torres worse than Mattyse beat Soto and those guys had never been defeated or dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                Mattyse didn't hurt him with one punch either... he bombarded him for 5 rounds and Cotto dropped Mayogra last year. Not saying it's some great move but Mattyse isn't putting any 154 pounder on his ass. Cotto beat Quintana/Torres worse than Mattyse beat Soto and those guys had never been defeated or dropped.

I'm not trying to **** on some pretty decent wins of Cotto's but...
                Didn't Mayorga take a knee after tearing a ligament in his arm?

Also Torres, Ricardo Torres? He had been down multiple times in his short pro career and was known to have a somewhat questionable chin.

I like Cotto but lets keep it real.

Cotto breaks guys down, hes a good puncher, a very strong puncher but he does not have one shot K.O power & never has at any weight.

Matthysse on the other hand has multiple guys taken out on a stretcher and knocked a large quantity of fighters out with single shots to body & head.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                  P4P it's Cotto, he hit harder at 140 than Lucas does. Margarito hasn't even stunned an opponent without his bricks so he's last...

Cotto/Mattyse/Clottey/Marg's.
                  I knew once I opened the thread and you were the last poster I expected the bold response.

Comment

Zab Judah has fought three of them but only lost to two, guess which power-puncher he beat?

Comment

If you are comparing them with each other then I think Margarito is the best puncher for two handed power. He is a huge welterweight. Cotto hits hard with his left but not so hard with the right. Cotto might be 2nd. Lucas has power in his right but he is not a big jr. welterweight. he is a close 3rd. PFP he is probably the best. Clottey is a sharp puncher but with less power than the others. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X