Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson: "Joe Calzaghe Was Scared. He Backed Out Of 3 Fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson is one of my least favourite fighters, he's a whiney *****.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      Johnson is one of my least favourite fighters, he's a whiney *****.
      Gentleman as well.

Nickname is wrong. He is always whinging.

That said Calzaghe should have fought him at some point, but the fact he didn't doesn't really upset me. It would have been a gruelling fight for Calzaghe but it'd be a shock of Johnson could actually threaten to take the win.

Comment

Would have loved to see it. Johnson would bring the fight to Joe, but ultimately, I can't see any outcome other than Calzaghe UD.

Comment

Calzaghe pulled out twice with injury. Johnson then moved on to fight Jones and Tarver. They were supposed to fight again after that but Johnson lost to Clinton Woods.

Comment

This could have been a very good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Roy was in no mental shape to be fighting anyone at that time, looked like he didn't even want to be there and it was sad to watch.....Glen is a good fighter but honestly pretty overrated on the boards. I hate to admit it because he is a tough guy and an everyman's fighter but its true.
              If Johnson is overrated, then what does that make Chad Dawson since he barely got past the old version of him? Glen is a good fighter who never gets his dues from a fraction of boxing fans and almost all the judges.

Comment

I believe a fight with Johnson & JC would have easily been close to fight of the year,would be interesting to see who had the better punch output,2 high output guys like that!!

Comment

"Where me coconut, mon? Me like havin a lickle listen to Bob Marley and De Wailers, eeeeeeeee?"

Comment

If anyone is under the impression that Glen Johnson would have had anything even resembling success against Joe Calzaghe they need to have their heads checked.

Comment

Calzaghe was going through a divorce with his wife because he wanted to marry Sven Ottke.

Comment

Working...
                      X