No announcement yet.

Why so much hatred for Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    i can remember when it was universally seen that Wlad was the all around superior fighter circa 2001, then that **** with corrie sanders happened, good lord.

Yeah i think the Sanders and Brewster fight really f**k him over, He lost a lot of confidence and they had to rebuild him from scratch.

He just went defensives all of a sudden but cling,hugging and just getting scared from getting hit is written all over his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Mayweather
      it only dumb english fans.

they think haye better than vladimir just like they think hatton was gonna beat mayweather. lol
      Whatever, WLAD OWNES.

Comment

It's because hes put everyone to sleep in his last two fights.

Comment

I hear a lot of people talk about Wlad's resume, And how it's weak, But did people look at Tyson resume as well. What about Joe Louis resume, And Larry Holmes, ETC. Wladimir is 51-3-45 thats a 90% ko ratio. I think any champion in any era would have there hands full with him.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost#1 View Post
            I been watching wladimir for years, And see no reason to hate on him as much as some people in here. Of course he isn't perfect, but his strenghts far outweigh his Weaknesses. I mean, over his last two fight he lost only 1 round and people are like, he sucks , he's a bum, etc, etc. If you don't like him fine, just don't post stupid ass ****. Plus like him or hate him he should be champ for the next decade.
            LOL, another alt.

Comment

He just ain't as excitin as people would like him to be. He ain't that bad a fighter, his division just sucks.

Comment

wlad is a bum who fights other bums...

Comment

The thing is that he isn't a transcendent boxing superstar. The avg person doesn't know who he is. He has an excellent KO percentage but in his biggest moment he disappointed all boxing fans by not pressing the action. You think that any other heavyweight champion from years past would have coasted in all places at MSG vs a guy who was not in his league?

Comment

Personally speaking, and Im not a big fan of Wlad at all....I think that the man is a very solid fighter,who as weve all seen is a potential great HW, but for obvious reasons,the division isnt what it was, so its tough to love anybody in the division right now...On any given night, Wlad can fall vicitim to someone with far lesser skills as we've already seen on more then one occasion in his career....I htink that for me, seeing how skilled the guys is, although theres still a lot of work to do and he'd be the first to tell you that along with Manny, I think that when he struggles with lesser opponents like Imbragimov, we are almost confused and left scratiching out heads.....He needs to really put everybody to sleep when he faces them, b/c to be quite hjonest, at this point no one matches up to him...And i think that's why I have a problem with his....I mean the division is soo weak right now, that theres no reason for him to tkae 11 rounds to put out Thompson, and to go a full 12 with Sultan....This is just looking at recently, and his loss to Corrie Sanders and widely regarded as far as Im concerned as a TERRIBLE FAILURE for Wlad....Absolutely no reason to ever look that bad as a professional fighter, let alone the supposed HW champ.....IMO of course

Comment

I also have to add that he is supposed to be the face of boxing. It has been said that boxing rises and falls in the mainstream due to the heavyweight division. He has done nothing to become a mainstream superstar. Boxing is a niche sport now due to the downfall of the heavyweight division. It is a reflection of Waldimirs legacy that he isn't more relevant compared to other champions in the past.

I think every hardcore fan realizes that he is without question the best heavyweight boxer but the avg fan just sees a lumbering big guy who has good boxing skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X