Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Garcia "Chavez Jr would not have lost if I was in his corner"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Jr was confident enough to trade til he had no choice. Mustve watched the Paul Williams ko too many times. I really believe in the rematch Jr will win by ko. He knows now he can hurt Sergio. Jr can take Sergios punches....Sergio cannot take Jrs.

Comment

i think jr will fit in with garcia... he's got experience with an almost identical personality in rios. A ****y undisciplined mexican slugger. garcia is a better trainer than he gets credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
        JCC Jr. sucks so bad, Martinez should get no credit for winning that fight.
        i agree. but i give the guy some credit for defeating a man almost twice his size lol. and taking his hardest punches in the last round and finding a way to survive and doing so coming forward and not backpedaling

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
          i think jr will fit in with garcia... he's got experience with an almost identical personality in rios. A ****y undisciplined mexican slugger. garcia is a better trainer than he gets credit for.
          And look what happened to Rios, failed to make weight twice. Garcia doesn't help at all in terms of discipline.

Comment

people dont understand Garcia is a G and talks like on in the corner to his fighters and that brings out the fire. Especially since they both mexican and that mexican spanish will lite a fire in your ass when someone like robert puts you on blast in the corner, Like he did with Maidana this previous fight. That lite a fire in his ass.

Comment

garcia wouldn't have made any difference but perhaps chavez, sr. would if he was the trainer in the corner.

Comment

Chavez can't beat Martinez, regardless of the corner. He should have Pavlik fight him next at 168 instead. There are many slugfest at 168, Arthur Abraham, Froch, Pavlik or Bute. Don't think Chavez can really make 160 anymore, anyway. Chavez will always have problems with boxers, no Andre Ward (his career would be over).

Comment

It's hard to say really what Garcia would have done for Chavez but I also think it's easier said than done. Chavez wasn't moving forward because Martinez was keeping him outside and making him pay when he did come at him.

Chavez needs to move his head more, I said that would have been key for him but he was standing straight up. His father didn't have great speed or quickness, yet he managed to get inside with head movement and timing, something Chavez has yet to learn.

Comment

Claro Roberto, claro.

Comment

Can you say, "shameless self-promotion"? Junior lost to the better man. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                      X