Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Nishioka have a legit chance of beating Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf
    Donaire walks over Nishioka.

Nishioka is good, but he ain't ready for the steamroller known as Donaire, god bless 'em.

Still looking forward to the fight though. Thank god it's not Arce.
    Excuse me? Same way he steamrolled Mathebula? Come on bro, don't ignorant. When was the last time Donaire steamrolled anyone? This is why I said this cherrypick might backfire.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I voted yes he has a chance to win. I have not seen him fight but he did not get to be #1 in that weight class by not being good. Donaire has moved up in weight alot and he is the smaller man in this fight in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
        Excuse me? Same way he steamrolled Mathebula? Come on bro, don't ignorant. When was the last time Donaire steamrolled anyone? This is why I said this cherrypick might backfire.

cherrypick? tell me who should he fight? Rigondeux?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          lol ..........
          That's not how I meant it. I'm going to have to edit that. What I meant was that the guy is a good fighter. I'm not trying to talk down on Donaire's recent opposition those guys were good too but to be honest I think Nishioka is going to provide a better challenge.

Comment

cherrypicking the #1 in the division and the real WBC sbw champ...i expect donaire to win, but i'm not ruling out the possibility that this will be a tough fight for donaire. nishioka is definitely going to make donaire work for that #1 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Yea so? He's the best fighter at 122. Thats all that matters

Its only wrong to fight an older fighter when the younger fighter is considered the favorite?

Im not sure but i think Floyd is the oldest fighter at 154, does that mean NOBODY should fight him??
              Wasn't Mosley like a top 3 WW when Pacquiao fought him? Doesn't make him a good fighter, he was still 40 and way past it.

Comment

I still smell a robbery if Nishioka comes close to winning.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Wasn't Mosley like a top 3 WW when Pacquiao fought him? Doesn't make him a good fighter, he was still 40 and way past it.
                  Wasnt Hopkins the champ at 175 at like 47 not even a year ago?

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                    Should be interesting for Donaire given his run at 122 being less than stellar.

Nishioka got some buzz around NSB when he KO'ed Johnny Gonzalez and decision-ed Rafa Marquez, but damn when people started mentioning Rigo vs Donaire in the same sentence was when Nishi really started getting praised as the 122 lbs king... just saying.
                    I noticed this too. As soon as Rigo vs Donny was mentioned there was this wave of folks claiming Nishi is the man at 122. They scream to the top that 36 year old, many bouts of inactivity, hasnt fought in over a year, last win was against a faded Marquez, Nishioka is the best. I just laugh it off. Im surprsised they didnt claim Vasquez was an ATG.

Comment

Exactly my thoughts. This is a cherry pick but might end up backfiring.

how the hell do you cherrypick the number 1 guy in the division? ..thats like sayin chavez cherrypicked sergio coz he was old...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X